Should I tell him I love him before it’s too late?

He’s already in a situation, but some things happened over the summer and there’s been evidence on both sides that the both of us haven’t been the same since, and I’ve known him for 12 years.

Should I finally grow the confidence to tell him that I love him before I lose my chance?
*He took responsibility for getting his most recent girlfriend pregnant, but they are still together because she’s threatened to take his daughter away if he leaves.

*And him and I realized this summer that we really missed each other, and our vibe- as well as connection- was stronger that it had been before on both sides.

418

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a clawing dilemma. The other situations notwithstanding, you need to ask yourself about what the consequences of your revelation might be. Do you value your friendship with him more? You might end up losing that. I'd suggest that you prepare for the worst, yet let him know what you feel, in a matter-of-fact way. Just try to be understanding of the possible outcomes and hopefully you can get out of it relatively unscathed

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And see with that, this summer I tried to tell him we should just be friends, and he said he would never be able to see me as just a friend.

• Ah, the damage is done 😳 In that case, it's up to you. There is a child involved. Are you currently prepared to accept a child into your life if it comes to that? Besides, you wouldn't want to be the reason that a child's parents stay apart. These are things worth considering.

• I’m definitely not the one keeping them apart, they’ve already been together three years, she was the rebound after me. I completely welcome his daughter, I would love to be a stepmother, I want four kids.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should find out if he loves her first. Because if so, all you’re doing is damaging their relationship and being a home wrecker. But, if he doesn’t or he wants to end it with her, then yeah you should tell him. Find out how he feels first!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think a lot of people need to really understand the definition of a home wrecker. If their home was happy, we wouldn’t have connected this summer.

• I understand that. But, unless you know how he feels and you go and tell him your feelings... you could be hurting their relationship even more, which maybe they could fix. You’re a side chick right now... the their woman. He’s with her for a reason so unless he wants to leave her, all you’re doing it damage.

• I’m not the side chick, him and I were together and she was the rebound. We already told each other we loved one another while we were together the first time around. This is a love that got away situation, he’s with her because she’s threatened to take the kid away from him, not because they are a happy family. They were on the fritz long before him and I decided to see each other this summer.