If i'm a fat girl, prepositioning for a guy workout buddy?

And maybe a date down the line, who knows, im single anyway. Usually how would guys react? I've been losing motivation to workout lately and yes, don't judge me, it's a pattern, I lose weight the best when guys are involved. I still go to the gym 3, 4 times a week but I do basic cardio and that's it. If its up to me, I'm comfortable being chubby since I have a good face and still get guys attentions. I do want to work out to be healthy and fit, but I'll be honest, I lack motivation and my busy lifestyle working whole studying is very enabling.

I am 90 kg, 155cm.

36

Most Helpful Guy

• i'd say it's best to get a guy to workout with u as a friend. not a potential love interest. Friends should keep each other motivated well enough and there'd be no romantic pressure. If things happen, they'll happen naturally. I don't believe in trying to force relationships.

• That's true. I thought it would just be a fun and exciting reason to just head out to the gym, but I get now that there would be "romantic pressure". Some people are giving me advices on how to lose weight but I just wanna know if it'd be awkward to ask a guy out as a workout buddy. Thanks 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• you'll have to make the first approach to talk to them. a lot of serious gym goers that knows what they're doing at gym isn't looking for friends or dating at gym. sure they'll help if you need a spotter but they'll usually go back to their own work out after you're done with the set. you can also befriend people at gym that doesn't know what they're doing either and in the long run, both of you are most likely going to be doing things wrong together with bad form. your best chance to getting someone to go to gym with you is from outside the gym, find people that looks buff or in shape like co-workers, class mates, friends, or family members and ask them to go with you to learn everything they know.

• Great advice. I get that impression too about making friends in the gym. I had a close workout friend, but it took a lot of effort to drag her along now because she kept flaking on me. I thought that it would be more fun to combine workout and dating, since I'm newly single but don't know if that's just weird.

• i usually go by myself, i also prefer to go alone as well. but yeah, my friends (males and females) are all like that too, except they're the ones who ask me if they can come to my gym as a guest. but, usually ends up making excuses and not showing up at all with some lame excuses. the last friend i took to gym with me said i intimidate her at gym with the things i do, that it hurts her feelings too much when she can't do it and it doesn't help when i try to motivate her to do it. she said i'm too "pushy, bossy, and controlling" at gym and i'm like "but... i'm just trying to teach you so you don't hurt yourself and actually do things correctly.. and i always tell you to use weights you can handle with proper form..." and ever since then, she has ignored me from text, calls and social media, she never showed up to gym again, and i've never bothered taking anyone else to gym with me either, felt like it was a waste of time to try to teach people that aren't serious about their fitness go