What's the point of love?

All it does is hurt you in the end...
Updates:
Sigh
It's ruined my life, I feel like I can never love anyone or anything again

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Because for a few brief moments of our life we get to peek into the gates of heaven, and experience total and complete bliss and happiness.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I miss that feeling, and then you experience the worst pain in your life...

• Show All
    • Ohhh.. that’s sad. But don’t we all think of our exes with at least some fondness?

• Doubt she is the type... She is probrally so happy she hurt me and got an ego boost and then hasn't even thought of me since, I'm deleted from her brain

Most Helpful Guy

• In love there is usually pain, deep love endures the pain.

Love rarely ends, true love holds on, often even if one side is gone.

The point of love is hope, it's faith, it's trust yeah sometimes it's lust.

The age old question, "is it better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all?" I say yes it is better to have loved in this life, and I hope to love longer yet again.

When it's real love, the memories and let's call it magic. Well that's something special.

Fear not love again, let it come,. let it happen... live in love again.

Be aware though friend, no two loves are the same. Don't seek what you lost, find what you do not yet know.

Reading this back, it sounds corny, but I believe it true

1|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Everything hurts

0|1
    0|0
  • True

0|1
    0|0
  • No it doesn’t

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't always hurt you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Feels that way...

• Who hurt you for the last time?

• This girl, we worked together and became friends...

I fell in love with her, and I swear she liked me back...

I'm not sure if she led me on or not, but I saw her with another guy and that's how I found out she had a boyfriend...

She never told me, she was flirty, we talked for hours, she was telling me deep things about herself...

I told her I had feelings and she didn't even talk to me about them... And then we just ignored each other and things got awkward...

And I tried to talk to her once again, but she didn't want to talk...

And I just remember at the time, looking at pictures of them, knowing they were sleeping together...

It really hurt, and I'll never love another girl again

• Love doesn't hurt

0|0
    0|0
    • Heartbreak does...

And now Everytime I even like something or someone... It just hurts because I know how much love can heart, so there is no point having it

What Guys Said 16

• It's a common misconception that love hurts! Loneliness hurts, betrayal hurts, loss hurts, breakups hurts, a broken hearth hurts... but love has no pain in it. You just have to keep moving on till you find a person who dont give you any of this ONLY love everything else is just noise and not real love...

2|3
    0|0
  • Because it’s like a desire thing it’s like our life purpose in a way. It’s like what motivates us and our souls won’t find rest until it happens. Or maybe I’m just crazy. I’m ok with that I probably am.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lust hurts you in the end, Love doesn't. Selfishness hurts, love doesn't. The love is the good, the bad is not of love. By definition it isn't!

Hook ups destroy ones life, self pleasure and lust as well. Love is kind, patient, enduring, and love never fails! Love is not selfish, love is genuine and self sacrificing! I think what is hurting you is not love, but selfishness or lust on one side or both sides of the relationship

1|1
    0|0
  • There is no point other than the point that you think, feel, believe, or want it to have. You don't have to date. You don't have to be in a relationship. And since you realize all it does is hurt you in the end, then that proves that even if you had it, how certain are you that you'll be 100% content and happy after you have that relationship, that experience, etc., Short term, maybe. Not ever completely guaranteed to last forever.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know how to be happy anymore,

Anything I want, or need... I just won't ever get...

• To drive us to reproduce-that's probably why it hits so hard and hurts so much when we fail at pursuing or maintaining relationships.

0|1
    0|0
    • Well, I'm dating/talking to other girls... But I just keep thinking of the girl I was in love with

• whats the point of life, you'll just end up dying in the end.
    so why not end it all today?

because the stories we pick up along the way is what makes life have meaning, and the same applies to a relationship, i've ended relationships that i felt terrible over, but i took the positive mindset, i learned so much from it all, became a better man and lover because of those relationships.
    i can now go into a new relationship wholeheartedly with all the knowledge i took away from my previous relationships.

yes i've been hurt, but there is nothing that stops me from getting right back up and moving on, the only thing that would stop me is my own mindset, if i keep telling myself i'm no good, i will be, but if i stand up, go take that leap of faith with someone, maybe, just maybe, it will be the most amazing time of my life, and that is what makes it worth it !

2|1
    0|0
    • Love how you said this!

• Show All
    • You're welcome ☺️ You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders there. I work with unwell people so every day I'm reminded of just how precious life really is!

• @Sienna-Rose why thank you, that is quite the compliment :)
      i have had to deal with an ex partner who did no longer see the point of living, granted some deep seeded issues were taking part in all this.
      but i was all she had, i had to wing it so i told her the truth, as i did here :)

• The point is hoping there is never an end to love. We app hope to build a love that lasts a lifetime..

Even when it don't work out though if it's a true pure true love it won't end with the end of the relationship...

0|1
    0|0
  • Love is just your brain playing tricks on you to get you to reproduce so that your species would survive and continue evolving.

I say fuck my species. It's the worst so far, to be quite honest...

0|0
    0|1
  • Do what I do, build that Wall and don't allow yourself to fall in love until year or more in. If they ask why you are unsure, simply talk about how heartbroken you were after thinking you loved someone only for it to end.

0|0
    0|0
  • The purpose of love is knowing someone will be there for you even when you feel all alone

0|0
    0|0
  • Evolutionary it's effective at creating kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • The pain of love make people cure

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • No point

0|0
    0|0
  • At least for me, because the moments of happiness and bliss are worth the times that are a living hell.

0|0
    0|0
  • Build a wall. A YUGE WALL. Keep yourself protected. You need yourself

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes