Why doesn't my boyfriend pay for me?

When we go out for dinner, to a restaurant , and generally , he never offers to pay for me.
We always split the bill.
We both work but he earns much much more than me.
We just started dating recently so i think he should , not always, but sometimes pay for me?
I am not going to have sex with him until he offers me something.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He should break up with you based on this.
    You will only have sex once he pays money for you? You know what word that describes right?
    And you should pay for him sometimes too if you ever expect him to do that for you.

0|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m guessing you don’t love him? Because this sounds like you don’t love him... shouldn’t spending your time together and wanting to be closer be the reason you want to sleep with him?
    Not him paying some random dinner tab.
    But what do I know, I’m just 19.

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Hmm. What's wrong with splitting the bill? But I hear you, it would be nice if he would sometimes. However, it's possible that you're going about this all wrong, like you're saying that you aren't going to have sex with him until he pays a bill. Isn't it possible that he'll naturally want to do that if you guys just have natural interaction with each other, including sex?

0|0
    1|0
  • Especially at the beginning of dating I would find it repelling if a girl expects for the guy to take over the bill, I mean it's 2017.
    It shows if she is interested in me or in the money.
    Don't get me wrong; I'm often paying for my girlfriend since I'm earning much more than she does, but I know that she would be perfectly fine if we would split the bill.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't think he believes you are actually his girlfriend.

2|1
    0|0
  • LMFAO!!!
    leave the poor guy alone he deserves so much better😂😂😋

0|5
    1|0
  • maybe he wants an emancipated equally strong modern woman. if you are not that, maybe you should move on.

0|1
    1|0
    • if you´re looking for a man who thinks women belong to the kitchen, just go on and change nothing.

• maybe he thinks that you dont care about that shit or he hopes so

0|3
    1|0
  • What a cheap ass, he should treat you from time to time. Lol I like how you put that last part. Lmao

1|1
    0|1
  • Typical woman using sex as a means of bargaining

0|3
    1|0
  • Sounds like e real prostitute , congrats

0|3
    1|0
  • What a chick lol go die

0|3
    1|0
  • This relationship isn't working.

0|2
    0|0
  • Women love the little things.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's a feminist.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gold diggers abound.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Because you are a grown ass woman and should be able to provide for yourself.

Jesus. Your time shouldn't have to be paid for. You eat it, you pay for it.

0|3
    0|1
  • Having a brother I know men are not money bags so splitting is the best option.

0|3
    1|0
  • Why don't you pay for him?

0|10
    1|0
  • damn thats diabolical

0|1
    1|0
  • He doesn't have to

0|1
    0|0
  • Split the bill.. this is stupid... xDDDDDDD grow up

0|1
    0|0
  • You are right not to have sex with him. I think you need to a different man completely who has grown up a little bit.

0|0
    0|4

Recommended myTakes