Why is the guy often older than the woman in relationships?

Often the guy is either a couple of years or a decade older than the woman in relationships, but it's not very often I see the opposite. I want to know what the reason behind it is. #Dating #AgeAndRelationship #OlderGuys
Why is the guy often older than the woman in relationships?Why is the guy often older than the woman in relationships?

1724

Most Helpful Girl

• Here’s my interpretation. It’s been scientifically proven that most women “mature” faster than men. Mentally, a lot of us are a few years ahead (and don’t misinterpret this for being smarter, that’s not what I’m getting at). So by dating an older guy, we feel more of a connection. They’re “on our level” to say the least. It’s very rare that you’ll see things the other way around, unless the younger guy is very mature.

Most Helpful Guy

• Biology. Men mature later in life in general then women for one, for another reproduction favors younger women with older men. A woman has a finite time to reproduce on top of which since giving birth is so hard on the body the younger she is the more likely she will survive it and bounce back to have more children, this makes it more desirable for a man to have a younger woman to reproduce with. For women, because reproduction hampers her physical abilities (being pregnant slows her down hindering her ability to defend herself or flee as well as making it more difficult to acquire resources, causes her to consume greater calories and thus greater resources etc.) it means that she will need a partner who can produce those resources and protect her as she is at her most vulnerable. This means an older man who has had time to accumulate power and resources and thus be better at providing for her. So we are biologicaly predisposed towards this kidn of relationship, older man with younger woman.