How honest should you be with your so about past relationships/partners?

I have dated a lot of jerks. The same type of guy and usually ended with my heart broken. How honest should you be with your so about your love life past?

• Be completely honest
    Vote A
  • The past shouldn't matter so don't tell them anything
    Vote B
  • Be truthful but not to detailed
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You should answer all questions honestly or openly decline to answer, but you have no obligation to volunteer information. I have never asked a girl to tell me her number because I can always discern what I need to know without asking: what is her current attitude about the tole of sex in a relationship? Am I going to be #47 on a rapidly expanding list or is she looking for someone with whom she can have a committed, monogamous relationship? If I ask her about her number, then she is entitled to ask me that and other things and we ALL have some skeletons in our closets.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as you have been tested for STDs and are clean your past sex life isn't really his business. He will only use that against you later

1|0
    0|1
    • He should know if your a slut. I mean people have the right to know who there dating...
      You'd be made if said he was hiding something from you.
      So why hide your truth.
      Is because your sure your low quality?
      You must be scared or desperate if your hiding...

• Show All
    • Nope. What I said was irrelevant to a relationship is bowl movements. Piss to exact.
      Who your girl fucked is relevant. You want to know where she's been. Most people wouldn't want second hand clothes. Why would mist men want a 23rd hand women lol

• @JayCasper777 You’re correct. If the question is asked, it means something to him. I’m not trying to be the sucka that invests time, money, etc. for a girl that gave it away for free. I’d be happily single. Besides, if a women could trick a man that damn easily, why would she respect him? She’s playing a game on him.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• You don't have to share all details about every relationship with each other, especially while you're in the early stages of the relationship or getting to know each other, and it is a bit of a turn-off if the other person is too inquisitive. In general, answer reasonable questions and volunteer relevant information, e. g., whether you have ever been married or engaged, had a very long term relationship (e. g., you lived with someone for several years or more), and how long it has been since your last relationship. You should also be upfront about any financial problems that are derived from any of previous relationships if these problems would affect any current or future relationship. If you have/had Kids, of course that should be mentioned also.
    To some extent, you can play it by ear.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you feel like you have to hide something from the guy, either you have something to hide that would and should genuinely make him run, or he's just not the guy for you. A relationship needs trust which needs both sides to be open and honest, if you base it on lies from the start don't be surprised when yet another relationship fails. You already made bad choices in the past, by the sound of it you haven't learned your lesson and will make more.

0|1
    0|0
  • You should share the amount that you feel comfortable with. If its more or less for him than he would like, then you two dont belong together. 10 times out of 10 a relationship will fail without an agreeable amount of communication. I prefer total honesty and openness. When i meet a girl, i immediately lead with it. If i get the WTF face or she runs, works for me. Better to cut ties in the beginning. Not every two people click for a committed relationship. So many people try to force it though.

0|0
    1|1
  • Whatever you do, don't lie. Either be completely honest with them, or refuse to tell them anything at all; at least that way, they can choose to leave, if knowing about your past is important to them.

1|1
    0|0
  • If you are between 36 and 45 years old, and not married/in a stable relationship, then you may consider dropping out of the market altogether.

However, if you decide not to, you must do everything you can to help, not hinder your relationship.

So, if you do not want to end up alone, you must not be "completely honest," if that is hurting your prospects.

My opinion may offend some.

Your being offended does not change the truth of my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • It totally depends upon how much understanding he/ she is. Though it's a tough be decision to take. Better to do not discuss it with your so I think. These stories can give rise to many thoughts, good or bad. No stories no thought, it's that simple I think. 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone needs to be honest. Regardless of what its about. An extensive sexual past is deal breaker numero uno with me and would be f'ing pissed to the point of ending a relationship if she lied about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • If they ask for the past, give it to them. If they ask for details give it to them, but warn them that you're just telling them because they want to know. Being an open book is always better in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would need 100% honesty, and would offer the same of course, how could you ever achieve true love and deep connection without being 100% honest?
    But on the other hand, I would strongly prefer a girl who didn't have any past relationships at all...

0|0
    0|0
  • Never go into details and keep it as vague as possible. Hopefully he won't ask about it so you can be honest without telling him anything

0|1
    1|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• I've always been honest but it's caused problems as some guys get stuck on how many other guys you slept with. And they will judge you stupidly by thinking if you had multiple sex partners or love sex then you will probably cheat on them. It's real stupid people can't leave the past in the past and cause unnecessary problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he is truly your SIGNIFICANT other, meaning you're in a mutually exclusive, long-term relationship, I would expect mutual, complete honesty. But it has to be mutual.

If you're just dating you have to use your discretion. I try to not share more than the guy does about himself, but you also have to gauge how worthy he is of your trust.

0|0
    1|0
  • Just completely honest, I hate and I mean hate secrets, I find it wrong to not be truthful especially to thous who trust you

0|1
    1|0
  • I think honesty is very important but then again It might just be me because I have nothing to hide.
    Past matters to me.

0|3
    0|0
  • You have the right to privacy, but honesty and communication are very good for a relationship

1|1
    0|0
  • Why would you bother in telling your partner? I hate when people ask absurd questions about exes. If they care that much they should date virgin people with no experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be completely honest. If he accepts you will all those past things then he is truly in love with you if not then just leave him and move on. As simple as that.

0|1
    1|0
  • Be completely honest

0|0
    1|0
  • If it could be a problem, like if you have had kids with them etc.. and you have diseases I would need to know...

eg.. my husband was previously married... that I didn't need to know but what he thought I needed to know if she could make our lives a living nightmare... which she tried to break us up by calling me homewrecker even though SHE cheated.. He warned me in case

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes