Do you believe in soulmates?

If you have a story of a soulmate (s) you've met let me know below! I'd love to hear stories about people finding soulmates!
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• No, but I believe that there are multiple people out there who you can feel an instant connection/spark with. It's pretty rare though and you only meet such a person once every 5-10 years.
    I've met 2 girls... can't really count the first one though since I was 18 and to this day the prettiest girl I have ever seen in my life, plus she was the first girl who I was interested in who also showed interest in me.
    I met the second girl a little bit less than a year ago and we dated for a few weeks. It was crazy hot and heavy and we had an instant connection, felt like we knew each other for years. She must have felt it too since she was cheating on the guy she's now engaged to... I had no idea at the time, I was frankly crushed when she ditched without a warning, it made no sense at the time and I only found out the truth almost half a year after the "breakup".

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I do believe in soulmates, but I also believe it's possible to have more than one. I've currently only met one, who I think is my soulmate. We have an unexplained understanding of each other and a deeper connection that comes from similar upbringing and similar trauma in childhood.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• The idea that there's one and only one person out there, who will meet all your needs and be your perfect compliment, is a fantasy. Sorry...

That said, I got lucky with my first wife. She was everything I wanted in a partner. Poly, highly sexual, petite, freckles and dimples, a 2nd Dan uchi-deshi.

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought I had found my soulmate once & was engaged to her,... unfortunately fate tells you it wasn't meant to be. She was only part of my life for 7 1/2 months,... she left me & I have had no contact with her in any way, shape or form for 11 1/2 years.

Now when it comes to a "soulmate" or "Love at first sight",... no, I don't believe in that anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anon, I believe in Soulmates. For real. But I screwed that up! Back in High school then graduated. She and I were friends-Mari-anne. We wrote poetry, (she's the reason I write poetry now!) put notes in our lockers. If only I said something to her like "I love you." We could have been sweethearts. I wrote a poetry book after high school and found her house! Gave it to her grandma! Mari-anne called! But my shy self was too shy to answer!!! This is the truth. I still miss her.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I believe in people that we get along with and that we fall in love it. There's no such thing as soulmates as if it was meant to happen, it's too idealistic and unrealistic.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you and the other person are willing to put in the work to maintain a life long relationship, then yes. But the idea that there is one person you are meant to find and fall in love with is BS.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish I found mine but I need someone to lay with watch movies and eat popcorn with do things a couple would do

0|0
    0|0
  • With the ever increasing frequency of divorces and number of people who never find love to begin with-I would have to say no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe, but that doesn't mean that they/you won't move away and you won't ever see them again. :(

0|0
    0|0
  • I was told that there is someone out there.. Im still waiting

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i believe in Soulmates. It can happen when
    we least expect it to happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I don't believe in soulmates because the world we live in is so diverse that nothing can be edged in stone anymore. Anyone and anything at anytime can influence you in ways you didn't imagine were possible. I believe you can find someone close, though!

0|0
    0|0
  • My best friend is my soul mate. We are 99% similar. However, he is gay and i am straight - but, even if we were both heterosexual I️ would never date him. I️ wouldn’t want to lose him if we broke up.
    Anyways, me and him are exactly the same. We think a like, we have the same morals and values. We have the same humor, we bring out the best in each other. I️ love having him around - I️ don’t see him as often anymore, but my soul longs for him :/

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, soulmates in the sense that there are multiple people that are very very suitable for you, yes.

But in the spiritual sense where it’s “the one” and (s) he is the only possible partner and the perfect one? No.

0|0
    0|1
  • I've come to realize that my soulmate is my best friend -- my platonic best friend. We understand each other on a level no one else can, and we don't need romantic love to do so.

We met 6th grade year and bonded in history class over a Santa eraser I had. She bit my desk (she was a very weird middle schooler) and introduced me to horror games -- the rest is history, almost an entire decade of history.

We have immensely grown and morphed in the time we've known each other, but we have not grown apart. And, we never will; that's something I feel sure of.

It is a bond only we share and I feel very lucky to be able to have it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ahah pic's a joke, I think I've met two soulmates of mine already, they also happened to have the same Myer Briggs personality type as me 😛 Ones my best friend the other is my SO, bit too early to tell for my SO still but I think it may be or I'm hoping. We just get each other on a whole other level and we make each other better people. (also I personally don't believe soulmates are limited to romantic partners).

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe in soulmates. You can have one, you can have multiple. You aren't made for each other, you aren't perfect for each other, and it can last for weeks or months or years. The difference between puppy love and soulmates is that this person has changed you exponentially in some way, making your life better by teaching you to love yourself and to improve and to believe in your dreams. I've found mine and I've known him for over 10 years but only recently started dating him, but I know we are going to last and this is different than any other relationship I have ever been in.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do. But maybe it doesn't happen for everyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I don't believe :( It would be wonderful though.

0|0
    0|0
  • i believe it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no. I don't know. Probably not or maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes