Who do you think should pay on the first date or dates afterwards?

I personally think that you should always split the bill on the first date and split or take turns paying the bill afterwards. It shows class in a girl if she's willing to pay her half and respects that it's not just her time being used for the first date. Most girls nowadays I feel have a sense of entitlement and a bit of an ego. Who do you think should pay on the first date or dates afterwards??
  • Who do you think should pay on the first date or dates afterwards??Him
  • Who do you think should pay on the first date or dates afterwards??Her
  • Who do you think should pay on the first date or dates afterwards??Split the bill
    Vote C

1815

Most Helpful Girl

• My mom and sisters always told me that guys always pay for the dates and stuff.

Personally being who I am and knowing how much I hate it when people actually spend money on me I would always go for the cheapest thing on the menu (which ends up with them ordering something for me lol) or try (and fail) to go halves on the bill.

I don’t know what it is about that but I just don’t like it, it makes me feel bad

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You are the definition of a rational, kind and empathetic girl in my opinion. Yes back in the day when the man was typically the "breadwinner" in society, obviously the girl would not even be able to pay her meal. This tradition of the man paying just passed down along the generations and became the standard. However nowadays, when it's pretty much equal in income, the man should not have to pay for both parties.

• Right I totally agree!!! This one time this guy got really upset at me because I didn’t want him to pay for it lol which he ended up winning the argument anyway, I paid on the next one tho! Taking turns is okay too!

• Taking turns is perfect. I love girls that have the class to say "I'm equally in this!"

Most Helpful Guy

• If you split it, it shows you can work together. It also shows no one is a gold digger. Best option.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE