Could my guy friend have feelings for me?

I've had a crush on a guy I used to work with for 2 years. We were very close and He was my go to guy. I could always talk to him about anything. I would vent and vent to him. A year after he left we started a streak on Snapchat. We've had an almost 250 day streak, and we recently started talking again. I've always liked him and continue to do so, but he has always treated me as a friend and I don't want to show that I have feelings for him, as a defense I've friend zoned him a lot and even told him I like a new manager at the work place.
Well recently I invited him over to Thanksgiving and he politely turned it down bc he was going to be with his family (big red flag right? )
But the next day we began talking about how work has been since he left and he told me that if I'm "ever in need to talk or ever have the need to vent then to hit him up anytime." And that he was "serious about it" He also told me to continue "smiling the way I do 😊😊"
My question is do y'all see some kind of low key interest? or he's just being a nice friend and missing the old times I would vent to him? Is there a possibility he may actually like me?

** I should also add that when we worked together, he was in an 8 yr relationship with someone and we even planned how he would propose. I've always liked him even when he was with her but I've always denied/suppressed my feelings for him. She ended up cheating on him and they've since broken up but I think it's fear that he still loves her that stops me a lot. I saw how he was towards her and he genuinely loved her.

02