Scared of getting into a relationship?

So I was dumped about a year ago from today and it hurt a lot. I was best friends with this girl for 6 years, we both liked each other, and than started dating and stayed dating for 3 years... she left me for some other guy, said she was bored of me, ended up just destroying her own life and it hurt a LOT. All I could do was pray for her and just try not to think about her. I'm finally better now I think and I've moved on.

But thinking about getting into another relationship scares me... i just started college, have that to deal with. I have time for a girlfriend but I. Just worried that if I am as emotional with a break up and it happens again, I will not do so well in college. Any advice? Should I not be worried?

20