Who do you prefer makes the first move?

I was listening to the radio at work today and during the commercial breaks they sometimes have a "fun facts" segment. This one stated that according to data, men actually prefer that the woman be the first one to make a move towards a relationship. They said it didn't matter what that move was... whether it was her initiating conversation, her giving a number, or her point blank asking the guy out.

My first thought was that I'm screwed because being shy and anxious around guys I like, I NEVER make the first move. But then, thinking more about it, I think this information on the radio is a little skewed. Men were asked how they feel, but women weren't.

My sneaking suspicion / theory, is that seeing as how people in general do not like feeling vulnerable and do not like being rejected, and either one can be very disappointing/fear inducing, that everyone (regardless of gender) would prefer that the other person make the first move. Thus, the poll.
  • I prefer to make the first move
  • I'd prefer if the other person made the first move

35

Most Helpful Guy

• The girl please.
    LOL.
    If 88% of people, both men and women prefer the other person to make the first move, than no one will ever make the move. Someone has to compromise. I think it's high time the women start making the first move. Us men have been making it long enough.

Most Helpful Girl