Who do you prefer makes the first move?

I was listening to the radio at work today and during the commercial breaks they sometimes have a "fun facts" segment. This one stated that according to data, men actually prefer that the woman be the first one to make a move towards a relationship. They said it didn't matter what that move was... whether it was her initiating conversation, her giving a number, or her point blank asking the guy out.

My first thought was that I'm screwed because being shy and anxious around guys I like, I NEVER make the first move. But then, thinking more about it, I think this information on the radio is a little skewed. Men were asked how they feel, but women weren't.

My sneaking suspicion / theory, is that seeing as how people in general do not like feeling vulnerable and do not like being rejected, and either one can be very disappointing/fear inducing, that everyone (regardless of gender) would prefer that the other person make the first move. Thus, the poll.
  • I prefer to make the first move
    Vote A
  • I'd prefer if the other person made the first move
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The girl please.
    LOL.
    If 88% of people, both men and women prefer the other person to make the first move, than no one will ever make the move. Someone has to compromise. I think it's high time the women start making the first move. Us men have been making it long enough.

0|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I have no problem either way.
    I wouldn't want a girl to ask me out first.
    But initiating a conversation is fine

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd make the first move. Don't believe in wasting time 😋 although, a positive eye contact will be encouraging 😀

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup, still, the man makes the first move.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm submissive in a relationship so I like it when he makes the first move.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Lol, look at that, we're all chickens.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever feels it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes