If the honey moon phase doesn’t last long does that mean you’re in a bad relationship?

My boyfriend and I had a short honey moon phase. It’s not like I’m not attracted to him still. I really am, but I have a lot of thoughts wondering if I’m in a good or bad relationship and how things will pan out.

Anyone with this experience have any insight?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Since the question is listed under dating and you use the word boyfriend í will guess you are dating. The 'honeymoon' chemicals usually last from 3 months to several years. Dawn Maslar has a YouTube video how the brain falls in love if you are interested how the chemicals work. My opinion is that the shortness may have more to do with your attachment style: Stan Tatkin book weird for dating.

• Hm, you might be on to something with that attachment style. Considering most of the guys I’ve dated I’ve broke up with at three months, but this guy is different because I want a future with him, it’s just I’m not sure what love is supposed to feel like.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow! That's too bad. We've been married for a little over two years last July, our relationship just seems to get better and better! We're still honeymooning right where we are! We have been together for five years next month officially, (I couldn't date anyone until I was sixteen, neither could my brothers so I guess it was fair). Unofficially we were boyfriend and girlfriend long before that, we've known each other since he was six and me five. That background is to say that he is my best friend, like the best friend I've had my whole life! Since getting together in a romantic sense, we have never had a fight, cross words or anything remotely disrespectful towards each other. It's more focusing on building eachother up and not picking the other apart! It's more focusing on the things you love and plain just like about eachother. It's taking joy in being a couple. It's finding something new about eachother often. It's not just about sex, although sex is and I hope always will be a huge part of our relationship. We were laughing one time about our future kids and grandkids complaining because grandma and grandpa can't keep their hands off each other! (That would be a huge compliment! If you're talking about that butterflies and heart skipping a beat when you see him or even think about him, sorry to say that passes for the most part as attraction is replaced by love. That's where you have to focus on him or him on her, needs, those things that make you both happy, even giddy, silly like a couple of kids. Surprise him with something he likes, sex too! It's just plain enjoying eachother's friendship. Learn to be his best friend, no be his best friend forever! Don't just keep the spark going, worry about keeping a bonfire ablaze! Just love him, chances are pretty good he'll love you right back! If you do those kind of things, you'll never have to worry about the honeymoon being over, it will just get better in so many ways! Wow guess I got a little carried away, but I love my guy with all of me!