Guys, any tips?

going to a movie with my crush this weekend alone-it’s our first time hanging. How to make sure things don’t get awkward, what to wear, extra tips?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly just go with your gut and do whatever feels natural and right.

A movie doesn't provide much of an opportunity to talk so I would suggest getting together beforehand to grab a coffee or something to ease the tension and create a connection before you have to just sit their awkwardly.

Other than that, just watch the movie and don't be scared to lean over to chat every now and then or touch his foot or leg with yours and possibly even hold hands.

Find ways to flirt and see how things go. Also make sure to thank him at the end of the night :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh and just wear something cute, comfortable and casual :)

• Show All
    • Also, a few pro tips...

Sit at the back incase it gets flirty so you don't bother others.

On my first movie date, my girl was cold and so she used my hoodie and some snuggles to keep her warm :) it was super adorable!

Also, make sure the movie is suitable for a first date... (Don't go and see 50 shades of grey)

• Good luck on the date and just remember what it is you have to offer a relationship!

If you're ready and willing to give this all that you have then you have no reason to worry and should be confident that your date will love getting to know you :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Mostly don't let their be "awkward silence". Doesn't mean you have to talk constantly (especially when you'll be in a movie lol, but before and after), but just talk about whatever, smile, be friendly. If you want to kiss and he's not making the move, go ahead and be the one to kiss him. I know it seems to go against women's nature, but do it! Guy's get just as nervous as you do and most guys would love for women to make the first move. Plus, it'll be an ice breaker also.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be suggestive, maybe a little explicit if you think he'll be into it. Try to make him notice your most prominent body features. If he crosses his legs after looking at you for a minute or so, you'll know you've done a good job.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cover legs upto knees
    Make sure your cleavage is hidden
    Don't put too much make up
    Don't wear sleeveless
    Don't allow to fall on you
    Just don't go beyond limits

0|1
    0|1
  • Be supportive and show him that you're dating him because you're into the sort of person he is.

Not the prospect of going on a date, getting stuff bought for you etc

0|0
    0|0
  • Once in the theater, which are you planning to give him, a BJ or a HJ? You need to plan these things.

0|0
    1|3
  • Do something you both want to do so you have something to talk about. If you wear something revealing you shouldn't kiss him. It's best to acknowledge awkwardness up front.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be yourself. Try to take initiative to put your hand in his, gently. Don't be afraid to mention your opinion of what's going to happen in the movie or ask him what his opinion is of what's going on during more quiet parts of the movie as it gives you the opportunity to whisper in his ear. Try not to get all flustered when he whispers back in yours. Don't be afraid to laugh during the funny parts instead of being a robot throughout. Guys like girls that have a sense of humor and it shows they have a soul when they can laugh.

As for what to wear, jeans or pants (no rips) with a white blouse or nice shirt to compliment it would never go wrong.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't go to the movies for your first date, doesn't leave a lot of room for conversation

0|0
    0|0
  • Just kiss him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why should they get awkward?

0|0
    0|0
  • Flirting and slight touches

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes