Girls, would you date someone who’s 20 years older than you? If so why?

• He’s got amazing looks !! 😘
    Vote A
  • He’s got the money !! 💵
    Vote B
  • You have mental compatibility with him !! 💑
    Vote C
  • Other (please explain)
    Vote D
  • Nah... he’s too old for me 🧐
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• While "good health" may be one factor to consider, I'd date such a Guy if he is promising enough to give those "moments" of "true & mature love" that I'd cherish for life. Age is only an indicative measure of maturity, which of course is a positive thing. Cheers. πŸ˜‡ πŸ’•

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 71

• most guys my age are extremely immature, annoying and behave in a childish manner. it's know that guys mature way after girls, so that's why i would only date older. i'm not bragging about myself or insulting younger guys, but i have never had an interesting conversation or been mentally challenged by a guy my age, i can only have good conversations with older men.
    older men are almost always very mature, confident, serious and behave well, they're also way more knowledgeable and more experiences which makes them always way more interesting to me.

0|2
    0|0
    • I certainly agree, many girls find it difficult to have same understanding level with boys of their age, but with older guys they are very comfortable and understanding !! so they certainly click with older guys !! Thanks for answering !!

• exactly! younger guys bring a lot of drama too

• Yes, If i fancied them and have mental compatibility.
    Think that is probably my limit though.

1|1
    0|0
  • Noooooo

0|1
    0|1
  • I couldn't. I'd feel like his daughter and that would give me the creeps. I'd also be thinking about how our relationship would progress. If we actually stuck it out for the long run. 30 years from now he'd be a year shy of 70 and I wouldn't even be 40 yet. Unless he had genes that aged backwards, he'd look and act like my grandparents do rn.

0|1
    0|0
  • I definitely would. I love being around people who are older than me who I can learn from. I would actually prefer a relationship with an age gap of that much, if not more. As for the poll options, I chose the looks one because I think men look so much better with age. Salt and pepper hair, toned but not too toned bodies with a few lines in the face is absolutely perfect.

0|1
    0|0
  • No force on this planet would ever make me get with anyone who is that much older than me. And for the record... this seems to be the demographic that is constantly asking me out - 50-somethings. I've plenty of experience with telling them no and pushing them away.

I have a 5 year rule. Pretty much if the third digit in you're birth year is not an 8 or a very low numbered 90s year, there is no way I will ever consider dating you.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've once met a really attractive and smart man that was in his 50s but looked like he was in his 30s. And I had a huge crush on him cause we spent an hour just chatting and it was so fun. I felt a connection.

If the guy doesn't look too old in appearance, has a good personality and we have a good connection while we are getting to know each other, I think I would date someone who's way older than me.

0|1
    0|0
  • A man who is 20 years older than me, not only has age to be my father, but he's also almost 50. So that would be disgusting!
    Plus, people would assume that I was his daughter and they wouldn't stop asking us questions. And I don't want to deal with that.

0|1
    0|0
  • He looks amazing and we get along very well.

People usually think that 40 year old guy is too old for 20 year old girl. But l think it all depends how he looks. For example, East Asians look super young. I would marry a guy older than me who looks like Joo Sang-wook. He is 39 but looks a lot younger.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just no, reason being is that if this guy I am going to spend my life with then a most likely 20 years near the end of my life are going to be spent alone.

0|1
    0|0
  • i already date man that is fifty eight years old as well as an eighteen year old man. age is just a number

0|1
    0|0
    • How was ur experience, i mean with older men and younger men, which ones were better?

• I have dated older men but I am happy with my boyfriend who is 2 years older than me. We have so much in common where the older guys were basically more into the sex and status of having a young girlfriend. It was fun but I am more into a future as a wife and mom now. Time to settle down.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did when I was 18 and he was 38. He was in a local band and extremely talented. I'm a singer as well so we connected that way. His talent made him very attractive not to mention he could move on stage. Lol!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I’m currently seeing a much older man in good shape and good health. Age is only a number. Besides, it means not having to put up with high school and college drama.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never considered dating anyone even 5 years older than me. He would have to be amazing in all regards for me to not mind becoming a young widow. Yes, 60 is young to me, when you have 20+ years ahead to be alone.

0|1
    0|0
  • My dad was 19 years older than my mom. It was really tough always being at different life stages. When he retired, she was still working and helping my sister take care of her kids. They almost never saw each other. By the time she retired, he was ill and she spent the next few years caring for him until he died.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I am attracted to a guy it's not for his age or wage packet. The only question is are we compatible?

0|2
    0|0
  • I deeply fear being too inexperienced, even for partners my age or younger. Plenty of women like older men, but maybe not that much older. Pretty sure there's a dating site for that, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Im sorry but women live longer than men as is, sounds selfish but he's definitely gonna leave me a widow at like 40 or 50 and I dont want that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would appreciate those reasons! But mainly, it's just that I'll date who I love and who's right for me regardless of their age

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes