How long should I wait until going back into dating after recent break up?

The break up happened last week and was just wondering how long I should wait. We’ve dated about half a year. What’s a good amount of time to be safe to say that you’re over it and ready for someone new?

1117

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a matter of how long you feel like you need to wait, it's when you're emotionally and mentally ready. I hate to say it, but if it was a half a year relationship and the next week you're ready to date someone else, it doesn't seem like you were very content with the relationship. From what I'm thinking, it sounds like you're asking when it's socially acceptable to find another boyfriend and when people won't judge you for jumping into another relationship almost immediately.

I know this sounds so mean, but if you were really invested in the relationship you wouldn't be ready to date again a week later. Healing takes time, especially from someone who means (or meant) a lot to you. A week later and you're already over it, sounds like a very low-key and simple relationship to me that wasn't very serious. Don't feel like it's time to jump back into things too. If you need time to yourself, go ahead.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Best answer by far. I’m definitely not thinking of any other men at the moment it was more of a question of how long will the pain last loosing someone and letting someone new into your life.

• Alright, I think I got it and your reasoning. Thank you by the way for the MHO and not being equally nasty back to me. The more and more I re-read the answer it sounds worse and worse. 🙂

• You’ve pointed a lot of good things. Don’t feel bad about it.