Why can women be unemployed but men can't?

It seems like in the dating world if a man and a woman were talking, if she said she was unemployed this wouldn't be a problem for him, and he'd be supportive.

If a man tells a woman he's unemployed, she gives him the cold shoulder and has no intention on supporting him. She'll most likely find someone who does have money to give her.

I'm not saying you should have to support someone financially but you can still be there for someone without paying money, giving them the emotional support they need to get out of h employment, but women don't seem to think this why? Why is that?

1810

Most Helpful Girl

• It's actually men's fault you created the expectation that womem stay home are caretakers, clean, wash dishes and do everything for you and you go to work that's how the dynamic was supposed to work and mem kept wanting those types women so when you find stay-at-home moms, women and wives you can't be surprised!!! men on the other hand get called Loser by other men and women when they don't have a job to support themselves or other. Also men go for looks when we go for financial stability they're pretty much equal to each other... would you stay with your wife if she gained 30 lbs and got a scar on her face.. and wasn't a sexually attractive to you then you can't really expect a woman to stay with you when you have no Financial stability. All people are shallow...

• "You created the expectation"

I don't remember creating that.

• Memphis worship that's that's just the reality of life will you guys seem to misconstrue is that you brought most of hardship upon yourself by creating these standards for other people and yourself... women didn't create this standard the patriarchy did

• If we assume you are correct about men bringing hardship upon themselves, what I think you're saying is that we should not address current mens' issues due to other mens' actions thousands of years ago, but we should focus on womens' issues because 500 generations ago women didn't cause their hardship/inequality/mistreatment?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's simple - men and women look for different things in a partner instinctively, whether they realise it or not. Men look for signs of fertility and of the woman being a good Mother, while women look for signs that a man will be able to protect and provide for her and her children. It doesn't matter if a woman is unemployed, because she'll be unemployed anyway if she's staying home to raise children. But it's not a good sign for a man, whether it's through his own doing or not, and I'm saying that even though I've had bad luck and hard times in the past.