Is it a dumb reason?

Met someone with an awesome personality , very nice , caring , etc.
Thing is he is wayyyyy toooo short,
I kinda of want to stop talking to him because I know it's not going to go anywhere.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• No its not a dumb reason, if it is a problem then it is a problem. There's no point being around the bush on it.
    And for anyone who calls you shallow I would challenge them to honestly tell you they don't have preferences too, if they say they don't they are lying.

1|1
    0|0
    • Exactly, people get offended for some reason

• Honestly, mean though it is to say, I think most people who get offended are projecting themselves into the circumstance and can relate to being dumped for similar reasons. For this reason you can't take what they say without at least a pinch of salt.

Back to your question though, we are biologically engineered to try to pick out an attractive mate. That means you are going to have preferences, there's not much you can. do about it but you can be honest with your feelings, which is, in my opinion, the best thing you can do for all concerned

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m with you. As shallow as it is I will admit height is a big deal for me. It automatically makes them attractive to me, even if they aren’t that attractive in looks.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Then stop talking to him. You have every right to not be interested. This is coming from a 5'6", sexually-frustrated college student, so while that was painful to read, you are entitled to have your own preference.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's a dumb reason. He has NO control over his height. It's extremely shallow that something that wasn't his fault at all is the exact thing that you judge him for. And an attribute that he couldn't control somehow negates the the many good attributes that he COULD control.

0|0
    0|1
    • Everyone has their own taste bud. You're entirely wrong on this one.

• Show All
    • @Ayer93 Someone so close-minded is not worth my time...

• * (you're not that close-minded, though, so I should commend that, but still a tad rude nonetheless)

• Look, everyone has their own taste. I would not go out with a girl over that's taller than me. It's not shallow at all. It's your preference. It's like saying you know what they're extremely fat and I'm not physically attracted to them but their personality is nice. I personally need to be physically attracted to someone to go out with them. It does not make me a bad person.

1|0
    0|0
  • the only thing dumber than your reason is this question.

if you have a height preference then quit wasting both his and your time. you dont need to question it

1|0
    0|0
  • the only reason it is not going to go anywhere is your preferences and that is perfectly okay. Personally, i find the whole thing to be dumb because this guy is perfect for you just is a little too short. I think you are making his height overly important in this case.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him this right at the start so he can find someone else and doesn't waste his time with you. Doesn't matter why you don't like him, just don't make him think you are actually interested.

1|0
    0|0
  • Break up, there's no point in leading him on... especially over something which is kinda* dumb (but it is your personal preference which everyone has, so not that dumb).

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup. Dumb enough. Height shouldn't matter as long as his character is A+. Even if you don't wanna go past the friendship level, pushing him away totally cos of his height ain't a wonderful idea.

1|0
    0|1
  • Dont keep his hope up, all to b thrown away in vain. "Its not going anywhere".

1|1
    0|0
  • No it's not, tell him if you don't feel it. Or you can get over it and still try if you at least like him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• No I know it's me stupid but you know you could just be friends with him right awesome people don't come around that often

1|1
    0|0
  • It is a good reason

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes