Would you date someone that has kids?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• No.
    I'm single, never been married, no kids.
    I won't date anyone that has already been married (don't want to be a second husband) and I want my own kids after I've been married for a bit, I don't want a ready made family right from the start.

Now, if I marry, have a child or two and years from now we divorce or I'm a widower than I'd be open to date women with kids, but that isn't want I want now. I want my own kids with my own wife when we are ready.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I dated with a guy who has kids for almost 3 years. He is a good guy but his life was full with drama about his ex, money and kids. I would suggest if you don't have any kids, don't date someone who has baggages. Don't get me wrong that I judge those people who failed in marriage but it's true. Your life will fulfill with all drama, stay away!

2|0
    0|1
    • "Don't date anyone with baggage."

Congratulations. You have just eliminated everyone over the age of 13-15 from your dating pool.

• Show All
    • Sorry, I meant to say ex wife and kids

• Uh... you did.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 44

• There aren't many women my age who do not have kids.

0|0
    0|0
    • You should date younger women then.

• Show All
    • id say between late 30s to early fifties

• @KingOfDoriath

1. There are not many women who are 36-39 years old who are interested in dating a man who is 62 years old. If I met a woman in that age range who was interesting and attractive to me, I would be willing to date her, but. . . that never happens, I don;t expect it to happen, and I am happy dating women my age.

2. Most women who are 36-39 years old have children and they are usually still living at home, so that really doesn't solve any "problem."

3. Most women want children and I am happy for those who have children. I don't really view it as a problem, unless her children consume so much time that she has no time for me, or if any of her children try to interfere in our relationship.

• no, because it's too much responsability , and because I feel like this person will always have a connection with the father, especially if they remained in contact...

1|0
    0|0
  • I would because I'd be a hypocrite if not considering I have kids myself.
    However, I wouldn't date a woman that is looking for a replacement Dad for her kids. Nor would I date a woman that doesn't place a high priority on her kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not.
    There are just too many women out there who would use you for money, caretaking and what not because the biological father left them and doesn't pay alimony.

1|0
    0|0
  • Can't give a blanket answer. 1) How many kids? 2) All from the same father? 3) From marriage (s)? 4) Does the father (s) pay child support and play an active role in the child's life. 5) Can she financially support them without my help?

0|0
    0|0
    • Basically all of this, with the added stipulation that I don't meet them until she's serious about the relationship, especially if they're young kids, like 5-13 ish. If I come into their life too quickly and the relationship falls apart, I don't want those kids being affected by that any more than they already would be by their mom being upset. Losing some type of father like figure, even if only had briefly, would not be good for them.

• @Bippwatt That too. But, my point is that the story behind her kids and the points I made above reflects directly upon her values and decision making processes. Pregnant at 16 with high school boyfriend? Shit happens. 2 kids by age 18 by 2 different men? One messed up chick. I have dated women with kids who didn't get support from the father. You want to feel sorry for them until you find out that they had unprotected sex with a deadbeat.

• Assuming she's a good parent yes. Having a child myself, it would be rather hypocritical of me not to, but if they're kids are spoiled little brats, or if they're scared of her, then I'll take it as a sign to steer clear.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I can't stand kids and would never date someone with kids, but that's just me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes... now would their kids behavior be a part of my staying with her, then yes. I've also liked the kids better then the mom. haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes... Her being a mom has nothing to with dating at all... It all depends on how interesting she is...

2|0
    0|1
  • I used to answer no to this because she would never be able to really pay attention to me while on a date but after giving it some considerable thought, yes, i would

0|0
    0|0
  • The best time in my life was spent caring for a woman and children.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course, of you love the person then its essentialy just being a step father/ mother..

1|0
    0|0
  • I have two boys and they live with me. That doesn't prevent me to give my attention to a woman.

3|0
    0|0
  • I think I could give her a chance. At first I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tried to recently, but I don't she was interested.

I dunno. She confused me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I'd date a girl with kids , not a deal breaker for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. If this person is a good person, there is no reason not to

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends tho, that how old she is, and is the father of that kids is out of the picture or not

0|0
    0|0
  • Now aday most women or
    Men have kids so get over it and enjoy know them

1|0
    0|0
  • I would, as long as she's responsible with them.

2|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 20

• Depends. Only way that would happen is that if someone else has custody of the kids and he doesn't have them for extended periods of time. The older the kids are, the better.

If the kid (s) lives with him or he has them every weekend it would be a dealbreaker.

I'm not even sure if I want to have kids, I don't want to become "instant mom" to somebody elses'.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree with the "instant" part. I have kids myself, but I won't date a woman if she's looking for an "instant" or a "replacement Dad".
      My kids have a Mom, I just happen to stay actuve in their lives and I have no interest in playing Daddy for another man's kids.

• Yes , ofcourse i find it more attractive when a guy has kids - it shows maturity ONLY if they’re being a good parent really

2|1
    1|0
  • Yes. However When dating a single parent, like in any relationship, it’s important to be honest with yourself and know what you can and cannot handle. If you’re able to be patient and understand that you’re in a relationship with someone who prioritizes another (little) person, then you could find yourself in an incredibly rewarding relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not yet, I'm way to youung to be taking care of kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would. Especially if you care about your childs health and well being first.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. But I have kids. My current boyfriend has kids and so we understand each other's schedules and needs. It's a huge relief.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I don't want kids so they would have to be living with the other parent or not have kids at all in general

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't. I don't want to be responsible for someone else's kid.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not at my age no but I wouldn't mind it when I'm older.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think not having any kids is more of a red flag

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it’s a no but maybe if I was older like mid to late 20s then yeah but I’m young rn

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on their age as well as how many children they have.

0|0
    0|0
  • i did and he kept it a secret from me and he was a pervert so i dumped his whorish ass

0|0
    0|0
  • Never.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would