Girls, do you believe in dating multiple men at once or do you prefer to focus on dating one person and prefer men do the same?

In the past, I never really went out on dates, during my 20s and early 30s, my relationships evolved from people I worked with, which was pretty easy to meet, as I was one of 10 people that everyone else had to speak to regularly. I actually found out years later I was more well liked than I thought. I had no difficulty making small talk with the girls there, but was afraid to approach, so what always happened was they would ask me if I was going to be at the bar, so even though I wasn't planning to, I'd say yes, catch up with them and things just went from there, never asked to be exclusive, we just ended up that way. It wasn't until years later that I realized I had 8 girlfriends over that 12 years, but was only ever seeing 1 girl at a time. After leaving there I went for about 3 years without seeing anyone because of health issues.

2 years ago, at 35, I started actually "dating" someone. She was looking around for the perfect man for her, I even found out she would keep a list of pros and cons about each guy she was dating. We were dating for about 4 months, during which time she had been on dates with at least 6 other men, before we actually called it exclusive. I wouldn't do that again, as I'm only into dating one person at a time, I was basically having to compete to win her. She was open about it, she wasn't going to have sex with any men until it became a relationship, our relationship didn't even last a month. I would never go through that again.

After that, I've been out on dates with several women, only 2 went beyond a first date, by my choice, and they ended up becoming relationships, I was the only man they were dating at the time. So 1 out of probably 8 women I've dated would see more than 1 person. All of these women were looking for long term relationships and not just casual dates.

It makes me wonder are most women in their upper 30s more into dating only 1 or do they usually date multiple men

1