How can you prevent yourself getting hurt again?

So you took time to grieve over your recent breakup, you eventually move on as time heals, and you feel ready to date again, you notice you start to really like the person after months seeing each other but at the same time you don't want that person to waste your time if all of the sudden he's not ready for commitment like that last guy you fall for. How would you prevent this? Most of the time I don't want to express my feelings to the person cause I don't want to scare them off or get rejected

07

Most Helpful Guy

• You realise that life is never without risk and there are no guarantees in relationships. You accept those basic truths. You improve your odds of avoiding hurt by being sensible and by doing your best. You accept that your best is all you can do. You also realise that breakups don't kill you unless you let them. Emotional pain sucks but it's not terminal, you do get over it. Letting go of the fear is what sets you free. Have faith in your ability to cope.