Age difference, is it a problem?

Does age difference bother you? If so, what is the biggest age gap you'd want in a relationship?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• my parents are 10 years apart, but these days, i think most people are willing to give about 7 years... I still think that is too much.
    some girls just reach way too far out. My friend is 24 and just informed me she is dating some divorcee who is 38 with two kids. Shocked the hell outta me. should have seen it coming... she was never satisfied dating in her range, always talking about lack of maturity or some stupid shit like that, should be no surprise that she reached out so damn far.
    According to my theory, or speculation, when she kept dating in the hopes of settling down, it seemed like it was taking too damn long for that to happen, so what she did was reach for someone who was ALREADY settled and just put herself in the equation.
    Does it make sense? yea. Will that relationship bomb? oh yea.
    Did i tell her just that? I was ecstatic to tell her. told her to enjoy it while it lasts.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha not surprised you were ecstatic about telling her. Damn she's crazy! Dating a 38 yo man that has 2 kids? That's a little too much but that's none of my business.

• Show All
    • what joy? and it freaked me out.

• Either way mission accomplished :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• I am soon 20. So youngest girl 16 and oldest for now early 22. That would suit me. But when you fall in love age is not the main fsctor so if I fell in love with 25yo girl i dont think i would hesitate hat much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Half my age plus seven is the best standard for me to follow. The youngest I should go is 19 according to this since I turn 24 in in a few weeks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think there normally isn't a problem as long as you are both happy. I do find it weirder if the woman is older for some reason not sure why... men mature older suppose haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I think as young as 20 is preferable for me and I'm 26. My worry is what My friends would say cause they're against that

0|0
    0|0
  • Age difference does not bother me as long as you're 18 it's a okay. I fit better with younger girls anyway

0|0
    0|0
  • I think ideally the girl is 3-7 years younger than the guy once the girl is 18+.

0|0
    0|0
  • Id say since you're 18. Maybe 5 years. Obviously the older you get the more of a gap is acceptable

0|0
    0|0
  • If I’m 18 the age difference will be between 18-25 no higher no lower

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date 5 years older or 2 years younger.

0|0
    0|0
  • Age isn't a problem for me, as long as they're younger

0|0
    0|0
  • Great rule of thumb for younger: half your age plus 7

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like a slight gap is no problem, just not below the legal age...

0|0
    0|0
  • Ever since I 21 I will not date anyone younger than 18

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend is 9 years older. Age is just a number

0|0
    0|0
  • Younget girls (18+) are more fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm fine with it. To about 4 years up, 14 down.

0|0
    0|0
  • not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m picky on it. I look for maturity very much so

0|0
    0|0
  • If the couple grown, it doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• To some extent, yes. It would bother me if the person wasn't within the same generation or decade as me. I think a 5-year age gap is as far as I would go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kind of got warped into "the guy must be older". Sometimes I try to be age is just a number but I'd prefer if he is my age or older (but not too old)

0|0
    0|0
  • Biggest age gap would be 11years older or 2 years younger than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we'd get along, it wouldn't bother me. I don't think I'd go for anyone more than 10 years older.

0|0
    0|0
  • My current relationship my girlfriend she 13 years younger then me.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 years up and 2/3 years down

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't care about age gap

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 22 and would date from 18-32

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes