Is not having an example a bad excuse?

i see a lot of men treating women bad cause their dad never was there for them or didn't show them how.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My dad abandoned my family when I was 6 months old, and I've always done my best to treat everyone, especially women, kindly. So no, not having a dad to set an example is no excuse for how you treat people. In fact, you should treat them how you would've wanted to be treated.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, it's not an excuse, just an explanation. Many men had fathers who were present but poisoned them with sexist ideas. It doesn't happen for just one reason.

But to the GOOD men, the real ones. The mensches. I raise a toast. I am glad for all of you I have known.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Yep bad excuse. My dad wasn't around much but I still treat a girl like a princess. You make yourself who you want to me. No one else forces you to act a certain way

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that much😊

0|0
    0|0
  • is that where the "daddy" kink comes from?

0|0
    0|0
    • Partly, yes.

• Show All
    • It was not an invitation, your original statement was an opinionated statement, not supported by fact, you say in your profile you only say facts, and facts are supported by credible sources, fox and wiki, are not credible

• That isn't, in fact, what my profile says. It's a meme and it appealed to me because I spend a lot of time on this board explaining things about anatomy, sex and birth control that controverts people's opinions but I back them up with abstracts and articles from reliable sources. Some of what I say is opinion of course, but I don't claim all of it is. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder about me, and you're welcome to DM if you'd care to discuss it.

Are you interested in discussing how absentee fathers shape their daughter's lives, and why they can lead to sexual paraphilias? We can totally go there. I'll back my statements.

• That's a horrible excuse I had the worst teacher on earth and I know how to treat a girl

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes