Do I confess even if it ruins our friendship?

I've liked my close friend for an embarrassingly long time -- close to 3 years. I have dated & hooked up with others to "move on" but it hasn't gotten me anywhere. He's not one for relationships especially bc his work is his priority. I get that so I guess I only want to confess just to get the rejection over with & squash any hopes. But our mutual friend told me that he said if any of his friends were to confess to him then he'd cut them off? I always thought we had a special relationship bc he does a lot of things for me that he wouldn't normally do for others & quite frankly spoils me... so it scares me to think that he'd really throw our friendship away just bc I like him even if I am trying to get over it. It'd be really devasting for me & I cry a lot thinking about it.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• God damn I hate the situation you’re in, because that was me!!! Not to scare you because every situation is different, but I told my super super close best friend my feelings I developed (her fault) and she cut me off without even saying a word.

Just straight silence and ignoring for a solid year. Returned and said life was better without me and disappeared again.

Talk about CRUSHED!!! i was devastated to the max!!!

But point is, a TRUE friend would never do this. He should be able to consider your feelings and friendship and be able to accept you have a crush, tried to see if you could advance your friendship into more and continue on from there.

It doesn’t always have to be freindship, one Catches feelings, I have to end it because they like me. Why? Does that end things if a person truly cares yeah lol!!!

Good luck, be brave, be strong and it takes a strong person to risk something precious for nothing :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE