I am 21 and never had a boyfriend. If I said this would you assume I was gay, even if I said I was straight?

Of course there is nothing wrong with being gay. However i know for certain i am not, and i hate people assuming my sexuality. It bothers me how some people are quicker to assume that I’m not into guys instead of assuming the truth which is i just have high standards and relationships and sex is something very important to me. It’s special enough to me that i want to wait for the special person for me.
  • Yes i would
    Vote A
  • No i would not
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just because you are 21 and have not had a boyfriend, that does not make you gay. The fact that you are looking for that special boy shows that you are not gay and that you are straight. I respect the fact that you want the special boy. I hope you find the true love of your life. You deserve it. 😊

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t see why anyone would assume that. I would just assume you weren’t interested in dating.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ok that makes me feel better. I have a lesbian friend and she always tells me how because I’ve never had a boyfriend I’m probably gay like her. But i know I’m not because i have never felt attraction towards a Woman, and that’s basically the only thing that makes a person guy. I just hate how she assumes stuff just based on her own feelings. If a girl does something as small as smiles at her, she assumes she is gay. It’s annoying because she hates when people think she is straight. After what she’s said I’ve been paranoid that others think that way of me, and that the reason guys don’t ask me out is because they think I’m gay. It makes me feel better that this is probably just her being her weird and annoying self, and not about me.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Well sadly a lot of people would do and it's a shame... Your personality and what you search for is perfectly fine, it's good to have expectations and I'm sure you'll find someone that cares for you and is just as you expect him to be. Just stay up and be brave and don't heard people who say bad things, they are just stupid ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • HA HA HA! XD :_) OMG! Talk to me when you're 35 young lady about still being single and a virgin yet again 35.

0|0
    1|0
  • I’m 16 never had a girlfriend or a first kiss and people don’t think I’m gay

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally wouldn't, no.. i would ask why first

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i would

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be my girlfriend

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Well I would only assume you are gay if you've been with a girl before or had a girlfriend. But if that isn't the case, then why would someone assume you are gay just cause you haven't had a boyfriend yet? Makes no sense to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't assume

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't assume that

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes