I am 21 and never had a boyfriend. If I said this would you assume I was gay, even if I said I was straight?

Of course there is nothing wrong with being gay. However i know for certain i am not, and i hate people assuming my sexuality. It bothers me how some people are quicker to assume that I’m not into guys instead of assuming the truth which is i just have high standards and relationships and sex is something very important to me. It’s special enough to me that i want to wait for the special person for me.
  • Yes i would
  • No i would not

48

Most Helpful Guy

• Just because you are 21 and have not had a boyfriend, that does not make you gay. The fact that you are looking for that special boy shows that you are not gay and that you are straight. I respect the fact that you want the special boy. I hope you find the true love of your life. You deserve it. 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t see why anyone would assume that. I would just assume you weren’t interested in dating.

• Ok that makes me feel better. I have a lesbian friend and she always tells me how because I’ve never had a boyfriend I’m probably gay like her. But i know I’m not because i have never felt attraction towards a Woman, and that’s basically the only thing that makes a person guy. I just hate how she assumes stuff just based on her own feelings. If a girl does something as small as smiles at her, she assumes she is gay. It’s annoying because she hates when people think she is straight. After what she’s said I’ve been paranoid that others think that way of me, and that the reason guys don’t ask me out is because they think I’m gay. It makes me feel better that this is probably just her being her weird and annoying self, and not about me.