Dramaqueen looking for help understanding a secretive guy?

Me and this dude have been talking for 4 months and we see eachother every other weekend. he's always the one asking me to come over. We always have an awesome time and he's so sweet to me. But now last 2 months maybe we barely talk over text anymore, i dont know why. I dont think he's a texter tho cause he barely uses social media etc. Plus he's a nerdy nerd if that helps.

The other night i was drunk af, and texted him "when are we going to be a couple".. he never replied, probably cause it was a drunk text lol. and because he's shy maybe, or insecure.
We never talk about "us", or our feelings for eachother. I've said that i missed him one night and he said he miss me too. But thats it i mean, i dont know if he likes me or not cause he can't say it.

He said in the beginning when we were talking that he's looking for a serious relationship, and i said i didn't know what i was looking for. I haven't really said that I've changed my mind but I've shown him.

Today i texted him and said that im cringing so much about the text i wrote to him, and that i think its hard that we haven't talked about "us" or whatever. And i said that i dont talk to a guy for this "long" unless i want something more with him.
His reply was "haha dont worry about it"... that made me so mad, completely avoided everything i said. So i asked him why he's being so indirect, didn't get a reply. Then after that i asked if he's seeing or talking to other girls and he said "no".

I dont know what im dealing with here. It doesn't make sense?
Either he's so deeply in love with me that he's scared of talking to me, or he's not interested but dont wanna hurt my feelings. Or he's keeping me as a backup plan? But that wouldn't make sense either cause he would have found someone else by now.. So confused. He said himself that he's not a person that takes first steps tho so thats why i think he scared but im not sure.
Can someone tell me whats going on? Cause im lost. by the way im not English so grammar is not on point

12