Why can't I get a nice guy?

I'll be 40 next month and STILL never married. I get hit on a ton by men but it never goes past the pick up lines and compliments... like guys want to bang me or casually date me but never want to fully commit. I'm a college grad, outgoing, I live a healthy life, caring, sociable, I work and make my own money. I have a lot to offer but it seems like either I attract the narcissistic players who don't want to settle down or the shy quiet guys that tend to run away from me after developing feelings. Obviously, I want to KEEP the nice guys but they all get scared after having feelings. Why? I can't win. Why can't I get a nice guy?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Awww Sorry to hear that. You seem very nice and sweet and def have great qualities and would be desirable to me, if I were available. Very attractive too. I don’t get it. What type of things do you like to do? What do you think it could be?

0|0
    0|0
    • I like a lot of things. Girlie things like salon visits, the spa, going out with the girls for wine time, movies etc. But, I love guy stuff too like motorcycles, cars, 4 wheeling, football.

• Wow so strange can’t put my finger on it. You sound very cool and down to earth. I like those things too and would go with woman to those places too. Is it your location? Have you tried online? I don’t get it!

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, if you're always trying to rush into marriage, then I could see why they'd run away. If that's not the case, I'm not sure.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• catfish/10 nice bait!

0|0
    0|0
  • A girl being very attractive can scare some guys off because they fear they can't meet her standards. Maybe you're too pretty? rofl ;)
    Being serious, I unfortunately don't know. Nice guys sound unusually hard to find these days...
    I'm sure you'll find a great guy who's not too scared of your beauty soon, though. Good luck. ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you're a beautiful girl so I can see why you get hit on a lot, and I know that must get old. All I can say is try not to despair and hang in there, and hold out for what you want. You deserve a good guy who won't run.

0|0
    0|0
  • The phrase “you have to kiss a few frogs to find a prince” applies here. Make a list first of what you don’t want. Then from that a list you do. Then pick through both to find the traits which are just shallow and unimportant. Now you have a proper, and fair, list. Then you’ll have to give people an actual chance to either meet or break your list.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've heard a lot of girls with issues like that, but it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe men really are going their own way now a days.

0|0
    0|0
  • If only I could help you out, I'd either knock some sense into the nice guys or be with you myself. Just keep your head up and keep looking. That's all you can do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, but you look great for forty. Surely there must be someone somewhere between being a player, and being super shy?

0|0
    0|0
  • Do they scared after you have feelings, or they do?

0|0
    0|0
    • Both. For instance, they will open up and I will tell them I feel the same and like them back and at that point, they begin to pull away.

• Woah!! You look absolutely stunning at your age!!
    Can't imagine why guys pull away!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • This might not be very helpful, but you look good for 40. Hell you look good for 25

0|0
    0|0
  • Yopu know what tbh dont look soo I don't know how to say that provocative?

0|0
    0|0
  • Try it not too hard. Be natural and take the action but don't over rush you dates

0|0
    0|0
  • Joke of the day

0|1
    0|0
  • We're all evil I hear

0|0
    0|0
  • Gosh can talk to you 😍

0|0
    0|0
  • LMFAO, excuse me while I avoid all of the drool from the simps in the comments section.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Bad luck

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes