Told him I love him, he didn’t say it back?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 months and officially dating for 3. He accidentally told me he loved me a few weeks ago and last night I brought it up and ended up telling him I love him. He told me that it’s not that he doesn’t love me he’ just wants to be 100% that he does when he says it.
We talked for a while and we’re on good terms but I can’t help but feel terrified, embrassed and hurt. When I told him I didn’t expect him to say it back but it doesn’t change that it still hurts. I just don’t know what to do from now on, I plan on just acting normal like nothing has changed but I’m just so scared and wish I had waited to say it as I just feel like I messed up instead of happy. I do love him and that’s a fact I just don’t know what to do.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He sounds like he isn't there yet. If you love him, just keep the relationship going. Soon he will get there and you will be glad. If he is taking too long for your liking, bring it up again. If he is staying the same after some time I would end it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• U should move on honey.. a real love will always tell u that he loves u so much everytime !! Dont waste ur time girl !! U deserve better

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• It's not always easy to be sure what we feel, and love can be such a big word. Don't worry, he has strong feelings for you, he just can't identify it exactly. Don't expect him to call it love, but rather ask him to explain his feelings for you, how he feels about you, how often you're on his mind and so on. This way it's not all pressed into one inaccurate word, and he can express exactly what he feels.

0|0
    0|0
  • Question for you... can you love what you don't know?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know girl

0|0
    0|0
  • 8 months isn’t that long he maybe isn’t ready yet

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes