Told him I love him, he didn’t say it back?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 months and officially dating for 3. He accidentally told me he loved me a few weeks ago and last night I brought it up and ended up telling him I love him. He told me that it’s not that he doesn’t love me he’ just wants to be 100% that he does when he says it.
We talked for a while and we’re on good terms but I can’t help but feel terrified, embrassed and hurt. When I told him I didn’t expect him to say it back but it doesn’t change that it still hurts. I just don’t know what to do from now on, I plan on just acting normal like nothing has changed but I’m just so scared and wish I had waited to say it as I just feel like I messed up instead of happy. I do love him and that’s a fact I just don’t know what to do.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• He sounds like he isn't there yet. If you love him, just keep the relationship going. Soon he will get there and you will be glad. If he is taking too long for your liking, bring it up again. If he is staying the same after some time I would end it.

Most Helpful Girl

• U should move on honey.. a real love will always tell u that he loves u so much everytime !! Dont waste ur time girl !! U deserve better