How important is height?

I Am 5'10 and all my life I have never felt short or anything of the sort until I hit college and both my brothers (who are younger by me than 1-2 years) are taller than me. they are both 6'2. ever since then I have felt inadequate or lesser than just because of the height. I consider myself a good looking guy. I stand tall, have a muscular tone body, and a nice clear face. I am black by the way. Is 5'10 consider short? I never felt short until my brothers started cracking a couple jokes on my height. in addition there has been times where girls have described me as tall. some even thought I was six foot (could be because of my longer hair). anyway does me being 5'10 have an affect on how girls would perceive me when compared to a taller guy like my brothers. when I'm not around my brothers I feel tall and confident but anytime I'm around them I feel not good enough because I always have to look up at them and I feel insecure when girls are around us because I have this feeling that girls are gonna look at them and automatically choose them because they're taller.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• My opinion may be biased because I’m 5’10 as well so I always look for guys 6 ft or over. If the guys my height I’m not gonna be upset about it or anything, it’s just I wouldn’t be able to wear heels without being taller and for me that bothers me! I know there’s a lot of other tall girls out there so they might think the same thing but there’s also many short girls! I don’t consider 5’10 short for a guy I consider it “average” because 5’10 is a very average height for guys. I can’t tell you how many guys I’ve met who were 5’10. There’s nothing wrong with it. It’s not short it’s just normal. Don’t feel bad! I’m sure there’s plenty of girls who don’t care as long as you’re taller than them!

• I dont think u understand. Girls who are 5'1 want 6'2 guys. Have u heard of the 80/20 rule? It states that 80% of women want 20% of guys. Only about 15% of the male population grow over 6ft which give the rule a lot of merit. I get a lot of female attention because I am muscular lean and handsome face but what if I went bald? What if I got a little over weight? Then being 5'10 would definitely be a deal breaker. I have seen so many ugly tall guys with beautiful women just because they are tall. I mean some of these guys are just butt ugly but there 6'5 and the girls just don't give a fuck. If your average height or God forbid below then u have to be a suave handsome cut muthafucker to get a lot of female attention. Asap Rocky for example is 5'10 but gets a lot of women because he handsome as fuck. Girls put height over everything. They rather have an ugly tall guy than a short handsome guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, some girls are a bit intimidated by guys who are much bigger than them. For some girls, that might be a turn on, but I would think it is a turn off for most girls.