Why do guys only go for the "popular" people who are jerks instead of a shy nerdy nice person?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's literally what girls tend to do, and not guys. That's why almost no one is claiming that "guys want bad girls". Guys actually tend to prefer an girls who are not an sluts, and shy nerdy girl are less likely to be an slut. That said, many popular girls are good looks, so it's likely the main reason that guys would go for them, it's usually not because of their personality.

tvtropes.org/.../NerdsAreVirgins

tvtropes.org/.../MadonnaWhoreComplex

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• this is not true, except on tween tv, so i can't answer.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• "shy nerdy nice person?" - Boring and people aren't generally attracted to soft-spoken insecure individuals.

Popular people are popular for a reason. They have traits that make them desirable. You're essentially asking why people desire to go after and date desirable people.

1|0
    0|0
  • The same could be said about girls, but both are wrong. I'll never go for popular persons because they are often popular for the wrong thing. I think they are overrated persons, so I simply disregard them. I'd prefer a nice, nerdy girl over a dumb bimbo anytime.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ngl the people saying pop your tits out couldn't be more wrong. Why would you make yourself uncomfortable just to get a boyfriend? It's fine though, I'm sure some people will go to you and ask to be your boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all of us do, some like me find women who are nerdy way more attractive..
    And it also depends on the person's age and life style; generally most guys around the teens normally prefer to be around the more social crowd.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not true for me I go for girls who are closed off because if I could get her to let me in then I have someone that likes me the way I like her

1|0
    0|0
  • Lots of people have been doing that for hundreds of years. But not everyone. You just need to sort out the bad eggs and go for the good ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • there's going to be a guy saying the same things as you across the way but both of you are too busy glaring at normal people living there life to notice the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we want sex and you dont have any. If u want us to come to you pop your tits out a bit. Then no one will give a shit if your nerdy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate those stupid popular sluts. I always go for the insecure antisocial introverts. They're usually nicer and more fun to be around

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not true, I go after attractive ladies regardless of how popular they are. The shy nerdy ones never gave me a chance.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never really play the popular card at my school cause I go to a private school and there are only 6 girls out of the whole high school

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause just like woman we want confidence. We want that drive that you'll show

0|0
    0|0
  • Imagine yourself but as the other gender. That's the kind of person you will usually attract.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd take shy and nerdy in a heartbeat

0|0
    0|0
  • Welcome to the ignored club stranger.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Shy nerdy nice person" are not very welcoming , so people avoid them

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1