Girly Girl or Tomboy?

Guys, would you rather be with a girl who's not girly or ladylike at all but liked video games and sports, or would you rather have a girl who is very feminine/girly and left those sort of things to you and the guys?

No wrong answer, I've just always been curious if men find the shared "masculine" interests truly attractive because you can relate or if they prefer a woman who's more of a girly girl.
  • Feminine
  • Tomboy

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on the guy's preference. I know I personally am super thankful my girlfriend is a tom boy. I feel like a girly girl can sound appealing at first, but would just end up wearing me down over time. My sister is more that way and it's a pain having to wait for her while she puts on her makeup or how she won't help with something because she doesn't want to ruin her hair or nails. My girl got down in the mud with me to help me push it out of the mud when it got stuck. I cheered her on as she caught the game winning interception in the opponent's end zone in flag football. We go rock climbing and build things together. Definitely my type of girl. I love her so much and I still think she is the most gorgeous thing I have ever laid eyes on. In the end, I think everybody has somebody out there who will love them so much for who they are whether they are a girly girl or a tom boy.

Most Helpful Girl

• If they are attracted to masculine traits they might as well become gay

• Not so much a masculine women, but a girl who likes male hobbies. Like guys always talk about they want a girl who plays video games and knows sports, but I'm curious if that's just a short term interest or if they're choose that over a womanly woman

• I definitely have to disagree on that one. Gay is a sexual preference and is completely irrelevant in this context. We are talking about what personality type a guy prefers in a woman. Personality is relative more to friendship, and not sexuality. Two guys with masculine interests could be best friends for life. A man and a woman with masculine interests could be best friends for life. And I want my wife to be my best friend for life. It has nothing to do with sexuality.