Should I be trying harder?

So I know this might seem like a dumb question, but I have been in and out of relationships since I was in middle school (I'm 21 now).. I have a 5 year old daughter and I feel like I've just gotten to the point where I've given up looking for a guy... I want someone special in my life but I don't have the energy to actually put myself out there (& I barely leave my house without my daughter which makes it hard to find a relationship)... I guess I'm just wondering if I should be trying harder or if it's normal (& maybe even better) to just step back and let everything else work itself out?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally feel that unless you're willing to put a lot of work into a relationship, it won't last.

That being said, there is no rule against building a relationship with someone while looking after your daughter!

Just one word of caution before going on the dating scene since some men (and women) can be pretty immature.
    You need someone who puts your daughter first and someone who can be a stable constant in both of you girls lives.

I wish you nothing but the best :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Everybody gets that feeling eventually, if there's no one worthy around. I'm pretty sure hat if the right person shows up, you're going to put maximum effort. In the meantime, take a break.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't force it. Just let it happen naturally. And having a partner shouldn't be a burden or liability to you. It's not work. If it is, then you are doing it for the wrong reasons

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|1
  • OMG, at the 21, you have 5 years Old Kid?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, made mistakes early on, but I'm making the best of it and doing the best I can for her

• Great, means You need to Focus on That little Girl than.. And Let the Fate Decide about New Life :))

• Most guys your age will not date a woman with a kid, So its going to be extremely difficult to find a guy.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's kinda what I'm realizing which is why I feel like giving up

• I know its tough being a single mom in the dating world.

You just have to hope that you meet a guy some day but its really difficult. So just be open to meeting someone and let it play out on its own. :)

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes