Help! I'm getting bored with this guy, what do I do?

i started talking to this guy on tinder. Started back Nov 1st. We talk everyday. From 'good morning' until 'good night' about all sorts of things. And we follow each others Instagram and Facebook. Including texting we have communicated over all mediums. So if he is a catfish he also had to make multiple accounts for his family and friends who interact with him on all accounts...

But even though be have been talking non stop for 30 days.. We haven't hung out. We live 20 minutes from eachother so I don't see why.. But he is always 'busy' or has to study. When I ask him to make plans.

So where my mind is at... Is... I'm bored. Talking everyday over text.. About the same stuff. I know his schedule by now. When his class starts. When he is coming out of the gym... Its just like 'booii I'm not gonna keep investing my time in you unless we actually gonna hang out'

So in your guys' opinion what's going on here?
Updates:
So today FINALLY after nearly 2 months I met up with him and we had dinner.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• How old is he? This is the busiest part of the semester if he is in uni/college

0|0
    0|0
    • He had his finals last week which means he should be free now. But still won't make plans

• Show All
    • Yeah it went well. I could tell he was kinda nervous but I was too. But he was showing a lot of interest in me by leaning in. Standing close to me and keeping conversation

• That's good, he was probably too nervous to make the date

Most Helpful Girl

• Be straight up, say that the relationship can't continue if you can't meet up in real life.

1|3
    0|0
    • I already asked him if he can hang out this weekend. He said he has finals new week. So I asked if he will be free after his finals. Waiting for his response

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Maybe he's a virgin? Seems really odd that he'd be willing to talk to you everyday like that but not be willing to meet you in person. I think you should give him an ultimatum. I wouldn't be happy in this situation if I were you.

1|1
    0|0
    • I know of his previous two girlfriends. Sometimes he talks dirty.. Not nasty but like perverted jokes. doesn't seem like a virgin... Even if he is I took my last bfs virginity so I wouldn't care

• How'd the dinner go? You figure out why it was such a hassle meeting him?

• It was nice. Because we talked so much over text already talking in person was super easy.
      He has a crazy crazy ex girlfriend that is kinda now a stalker. And he is afraid of her.

• He is too shy to meet you. If he hasn´t enough confidence, you should think about doing the first step like "Hey I´m in the near and just 2 minutes away. Will you let me in?" You should check out first if he is at home of course.

1|1
    0|0
    • I'm not a stalker and just know where his house is. I only know the city he lives in

• There's something going on that he's not telling you. Trust me. He's protecting you from something. Give him an ultimatum. Say, I don't want to talk again until we meet. When can we meet?

1|1
    0|0
    • Or he is in uni or college and November is so busy you hardly have time to sleep if you are in any real program

• That sounds the best plan

• 1. In all engineering projects, you must set a deadline for your project schedule. If it passed that day, you will tell you investors that the project failed.
    2. If he was studying engineering or something as intensive as that, you may consider give him more if he agreed to take 10 min coffee with you or something similar.

1|0
    0|0
    • He is studying to be a doctor

• Show All
    • Do yiu get nervous?

• I do in public speaking. When I dont know what I'm supposed to do but I'm supposed to be doing something. Or if i have a huge crush on someone then speaking to them I get nervous. But otherwise I dont get nervous

• There is something he is worried about that had him insecure in any actual meet up. Maybe his teeth are crooked or he's short or whatever. Either that or he's lining you up as the next girl up

1|0
    0|0
    • Like he has a girl now and when he is done with them I'm like the rebound?

• Be clear with him, that you really wanna meat him, guess you should let him some time and indeed if he doesn't move his ass... next

1|0
    0|0
    • He finished his finals last week so he should be free next week.

• Tell him that you find it a problem might be too shy to meet up think he might so how fuck up

1|0
    0|0
    • I guess that is possible that he might be scared. But I've brought up hanging out 3 times... And he says he is busy.. So kinda feeling like I don't wanna ask anymore

• Show All
    • I won't hang out with him until Saturday ill tell him then

• Ah good good hope it works out for u

• Tell him exactly what you think, then he can decide himself. And if he doesn't want to meet up, at least he knows why you stopped talking to him

1|0
    0|0
  • you met him om tinder and dont meet up sounds weird lol for a whole month probs should move on

1|0
    0|0
  • "But even though be have been talking non stop for 30 days.. We haven't hung out. We live 20 minutes from eachother so I don't see why"

That sums up the "social media effect" beautifully right there. One would rather engage with someone over the internet than in person, even though they're so close to one another.

30 days and y'all are 20 minutes away from eachother? Guy couldn't find an hour to hang out in all that time? He's either socially awkward, nervous, lazy, or doesn't see you as much of a priority.

1|0
    0|0
    • Or November is so busy you hardly have time to sleep if he is in schoo

• break up with him and i can hang out with you hahahahah

1|0
    0|0
  • Okay, so he isn't a catfish, why aren't you actually meeting up? Why haven't you asked him to?

0|0
    0|0
    • I have 4 times now. He has always been 'busy'

• Show All
    • We met today for dinner and it was super nice

• Great that's good to hear.

• maybe he's a introvert or shy

2|0
    0|0
    • nope, probably is less as per the time she desribes

• Show All
    • He does claim to be introvert. He was also fat before. He lost 50 lbs 6 months ago. So he probably still has his 'fat boy' mentality.

• everything is fine, sorry what i meant was, this kinda behaviour is nt shown by an introvert

• ask him to meet, if he denies take a decision

1|0
    0|0
    • I asked if he will be more free after his finals next Friday. Waiting his response

• ohh nice, lets hope for the best.

if u wanna know anything else, u can direct message me

• Stop talking to him start talking to me

1|0
    0|0
  • Dump him,, too much stress!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • You either need real life interaction, or sexting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Time to move on

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• If he's constantly dodging your attempts at meeting in person, and not coming up with dates/ times that would work for him, there's something amiss. Whether it be something to do with his appearance, his age, his relationship status, or any number of things.. he's probably hiding something.

1|0
    0|0
    • We always send snaps to eachother. I haven't seen him naked but I've seen shirtless and at all times of day and different lighting. He isn't ugly. Or short. I'm curious if its a girlfriend. But there aren't gaps of hours where he doesn't text back as if he is with a girl so can't message me.

• Bored? Just exchange him.

1|0
    0|0
    • But we have good conversations and he is super hot. So I'm like Booii grow some balls

• Show All
    • Then be very clear on what u want.

• He wants to meet again this weekend. So I hope we do

• Tell him sorry you're no longer interested, don't lead him on

1|0
    0|1
    • I'm not leading him on in a cat and mouse chase. I've asked him out 4 times. He is always 'busy' but then we keep talking. He always asks what I'm up to and about my day.

• Show All
    • Lol you are ruthless I like it 😂

• Well hey it's not like it's a breakup so no explanations are needed

Recommended myTakes