• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Have done it. You need faith and she needs it. Unfortunately, people often "ghost" nowadays, leaving a sad victim hanging on to someone who moved on, feeling no remorse for her crimes. Honestly, it's the unfaithful, dishonest, and the ghosters that ruined long distance relationships for me. However, I've seen successful people who've even married from long distance relationships. It's a double-edged sword, more inclined to harm those who put in more.

2|0
    0|0
    • I feel like it's no longer worth pursuing something like this with today's society. I've done it for 5 years with different people so I know the struggle. But now thanks to social media I've found several people who'd be willing to give it a go, so I was wondering what people think about it. Because in my opinion it's bullshit, especially if you're not in a situation to afford traveling

• Exactly. If you can't travel, then it's not worth the time.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• I am in one.

LDRs are successful IF

- They begin as a "normal" relationship
    - They are a "normal" relationship for a period of at least 6 months prior to transitioning to LD.
    - There is a reasonable end date to the LD.
    - It is possible and reasonable to visit periodically
    - Both parties are loyal
    - Both parties share the same end goal.
    - There is an agreed upon communication plan in place.

My fiance and I are in an LDR at the moment. We started dating October 1, 2011 and moved to LD when I moved away for college in August 2012. I was an hour away so it was very easy for me to return home every other weekend or for him to drive up to visit me.

Then he moved to college and was 6 hours away. Less doable but not impossible. I travel to see him about once every 6 weeks. He comes home for holiday breaks and the summer. We communicate daily.

We got engaged August 1, 2016 and have been planning a wedding for June 16, 2018. So the LD part of our relationship has an end date and it's coming up fast.

LDRs aren't ideal but if the person's worth it then they're worth the struggle.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did it, I'm still madly in love with him. I woke up one day and he just started ignoring me, its been like that for 4 months and the pain is unbearable. Never again.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yet he made moving on look so easy..

• Show All
    • Yeah that's why I'm hesitant about it. I see myselt just like him. I'd get into an LDR then as soon as someone pops up irl I'd leave them on spot

• Then i advise you not to get into an LDR, honestly it absolutely destroys the person you leave because sometimes LDRs are the only thing they can do, often these are lonely people

• I did it for 3 years. It was a lot of work and sucked. I got used for three years. The forth year we moved in together and he split with me before the year was up. The problem is that you can’t really get to know someone being that far apart. Too easy to hide shit. Never again!

2|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't start a long distance relationship with anyone because I believe it'll end up problematic for both of us.

• 4.5 months – the average time before a long distance. relationship breaks down
    • 40 % of all long distance relationships ends with a break-up.
    • 70 % of all failed long distance relationships fails due to unplanned changes.

The significant other has an advantage to see other people elsewhere. They can become busy, and next thing you know, it's not working out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would have a long distance relationship if I truly loved him, we could travel and see each other at least once a month, and I knew there was a good chance for us to live closer in the future.

So in other words I'd be prepared to put every effort in for a year or 2 at the most.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been in a long distance relationship for a bout 2 months and decided that it's not for me. I need to see the person frequently and be able to have some physical contact.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have done it and it's doable. Only the strongest of relationships last through the storm that is long distance relationships.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t I forget about people who aren’t near me. I can be friends but I want to be able to meet up

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done it but it just makes it easier for them to cheat so never again

2|0
    0|0
  • I have never done it but I dont care about distance if i really care about someone

0|0
    0|0
    • The distance will hurt you more than love does

• obviously, it would be hard to be away but to me it would be harder to be without the person you love... like even if we would not be together (cause he is away) Id still love him so yes Id rather be with and try to make it work... you make it sound like not being in relationship would not make you be hurt by distance
      and Id rather be with someone I love in long distance relationship than alone

• I would only be open to a long distance relationship if the relationship developed first and then became long distance

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done it twice. it sucks. and rarely ever works. I would never do it again

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, same.. There's an opportunity thou.. She's rich and I'm in a situation where i t would be a benefit. But I've done LDR for 5 years and I'm fucking sick of it. And doing it for money is not nice but I've gotta eat something >. >

• oh my god no! you don't date someone to get money you idiot

• Never again.

0|1
    0|0
  • Currently doing it.

Was with my boyfriend for three months before I moved away and been doing long distance for six.

Not going to lie, it’s been hard not being able to physically be with that person, but luckily we’ve been able to see each other at least once a month, which has made it easier.

In a way it’s been good coz we’ve also been able to get to know each other in a non sexual way, but also find new ways to spice up the relationship... let’s just say I have a strong n00dz taking skill set now haha.

He’s finally moving up to be with me in a couple months time, and we’ll be seeing each other for Christmas and New Years.

I wouldn’t say ldr works for everyone, but I’m glad I did :)

0|2
    0|0
  • I've done it but unless you're both really committed to each other it's not worth it

2|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• I wouldn't do it. I haven't done it.

I don't believe they work. Some my hang on for a while until the inevitable breakup and drifting apart happens but I think they fail. Any success stories are very rare in my opinion.

I don't know why I'm against them. Quality time and physical touch are my two main love languages. An LDR would basically ensure that I'd not get either of those for weeks/months at a time. That just doesn't work for me. If she were the one who caused it... as in she chose to leave I'd probably resent her on some level for choosing that so it would just never work out on any level.

I would just do a clean breakup if a partner moved away.

The only situation I could do one is if it were a really short stint... for example we were both going to move TOGETHER to a new location but one of us moved a month or two before the other... and then the other party would then move there too.

Situations where hey I joined the military, I'll be deployed and shipped around the world at the drop of a hat and you won't see me for 6-9 months a time or hey I want to go to this school for 2 years 4 states away... or hey I decided to take a permanent job in another state 5 hours away those would all be breakups. I wouldn't do an LDR.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, 3 years! We split in the end because we knew it wouldn't work. Still good friends though.
    It works if you're introverted, ok without much physical contact and/or a workaholic. Or just really love them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't. Unless the distance is manageable and the contact is frequent i. e. Skype. If either of those things are missing then it becomes an impossible task.

Wanting to be close to that person and not being able to is awful. Not knowing if they're seeing someone else is worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hated it. Worst kind of relationship. No fulfillment and a lot of missed opportunities that you only realize after the long distance relationship falls apart. Now, that's just my experience with it. I have known people who had great success with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend and I were long distance for a year. It was hard sometimes because you can really miss each other (like you should). However, we made it through no sweat because we were both 100% certain in our commitment to each other. Beyond our trust in each other we made an effort to make the drive and visit each other at least once every couple weeks. We would also call each other every night and talk about our days. It wasn't fun, but it was worth it. Now we are getting married and I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. So I would say it isn't enjoyable, but it's definitely worth it if it's the right person.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents met in Europe on vacation from America. One was in Pennsylvania the other Kansas. Let's just say they are now divorced.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just a good form of Masterbation.. watching each other nude n doing it.. huh

0|0
    1|0
  • Well, im in relationship for more than 2.5y. We started LDR last year because I went on a college and she was still in mid school. As I expected, she should've come to the city where I am, but she is now 4h away from me.

To be clear, I wouldn't recommend it unless she is the one.
    I love her more than everything and the same goes opposite. We see each other every now and then, maybe 1 month or so. Once we see each other, it seems like those times at the beginning of the relationship and those 4-5 days of 0-24 hanging out is truly beautiful.

A lot of people will say how I am ruining my college days, especially because I was a "f uckboy" in middle school. But na, if you find someone who's truly the keeper, it is worth of every try.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did it, in the in she left me for some local dude, wouldn't recommend it

0|0
    0|0
  • If she can trust. Meet loyal to me I will consider it then

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a long distance relationship with now my second wife. It was tough but worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in one now... ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Was so cold

0|0
    0|0
  • good training

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes