Has anyone been successful on dating apps finding a relationship?

Do dating apps really work or not when looking for a long term relationship.

Are people looking for a 'Soulmate' (if you believe it).

Or are GUYS and GIRLS using it for 'hook ups' because no one is willing to commit at all and have no trust/ loyalty/ faithfulness anymore.
  • Yes, I'm with someone (got with/ still am)
  • No, but I'm still single and looking/ searching.
  • No, I gave up, had no luck on them.
    Vote C
  • No, there only used for 'hook ups', nothing else.
    Vote D

813

Most Helpful Girl

• Oof. I've used dating / social apps to find friends and accidentally came across flirty people that I began to like in that manner. They were all toxic or wrong for me though in the end soooo no lol. Not successful. I'd rather find someone in person than on the internet as it feels too ingeniune for me and I don't like the idea of videochatting or not being able to go on real dates.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like there are real people on there looking for real things but it feels like it's all just for hookups to me. Which sucks because I'm ok with talking to chicks through texting, but I'm the equivalent of Ricky from Not Another Teen Movie when it comes to talking to girls in person. All I've gotten out of them were a date and a lay after, never any second dates even though all of them claimed to want something real. Personally I've chosen to wait on sex until 3-5 dates in instead of the first. I don't mind it, but some girls are just looking for a one night stand, not just guys.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE