Has anyone been successful on dating apps finding a relationship?

Do dating apps really work or not when looking for a long term relationship.

Are people looking for a 'Soulmate' (if you believe it).

Or are GUYS and GIRLS using it for 'hook ups' because no one is willing to commit at all and have no trust/ loyalty/ faithfulness anymore.
  • Yes, I'm with someone (got with/ still am)
    Vote A
  • No, but I'm still single and looking/ searching.
    Vote B
  • No, I gave up, had no luck on them.
    Vote C
  • No, there only used for 'hook ups', nothing else.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Oof. I've used dating / social apps to find friends and accidentally came across flirty people that I began to like in that manner. They were all toxic or wrong for me though in the end soooo no lol. Not successful. I'd rather find someone in person than on the internet as it feels too ingeniune for me and I don't like the idea of videochatting or not being able to go on real dates.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like there are real people on there looking for real things but it feels like it's all just for hookups to me. Which sucks because I'm ok with talking to chicks through texting, but I'm the equivalent of Ricky from Not Another Teen Movie when it comes to talking to girls in person. All I've gotten out of them were a date and a lay after, never any second dates even though all of them claimed to want something real. Personally I've chosen to wait on sex until 3-5 dates in instead of the first. I don't mind it, but some girls are just looking for a one night stand, not just guys.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• In the past i have had relationships with people from them, but it isn't easy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I met my boyfriend on a dating app, we were both looking for a relationship, not a hookup. So it is very possible to find someone. I know many of my girl friends use dating apps looking for something serious. And I am happy I tried it because it brought me my redneck romeo lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it is possible to find someone on a dating app that is looking for more than a hookup.

0|1
    0|0
    • Well I've had 0% luck, got nothing, no matches, no messages at all. So I gave up.

Only reason is that I don't want kids after 30, but I'm still a virgin and no female is gonna want me, I've been rejected because I'm a virgin as well as not concidered 'attractive' because I don't have the 'looks'.

But keep getting told I have an awesome personality and I'm rare with a heart by girls, but none will date me tho.

• I am so sorry to hear that. You seem very sweet. Never give up!!!

• But what doesn't help is that I have depression and anxiety and really insecure.

Been bullied verbally and physically my whole life daily, about everything about me and my skin colour etc.

So I'm finding everything in life, including looking for a relationship extremely hard...

But I don't trust anyone anymore...
      Not even my family...

• Well I met my boyfriend of over a year on tinder. At the time I had just broken up with my ex and was mostly looking to meet new people so as I can get out of the house. But we liked each other and got together.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't know

0|0
    0|0
  • In depends on the person

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope i gave up plus i believe in real life more

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• I met my ex through PoF. My suggestion to guys is to not settle no matter how you meet women though, especially if you are looking for a special woman and not just casual fun.

1|1
    0|0
  • I tried it to meet women in Asia. Nothing romantic ever came out of it, but I did have a lot of enjoyable conversations and even made a couple of friends out of it that I still keep in touch with.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think nowadays dating apps let you know more about the person who you want to be in a relationship with

so dating apps have been more like real life some people got engaged and some got married

i think they became an important part of our life

0|0
    0|0
  • i have used OKCupid and POF and had success meeting women.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you're average-looking, intelligent, serious and introverted, then that means you're f*cked up on those sites. I tried it for 2 years but it didn't work.

0|0
    1|0
  • My cousin found her husband on a dating site, but I don't think it was one of the phone apps. I've never had any luck though.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's taken a few years but I finally met someone online. Been dating for about 2 months now.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes it works but you have to be patient... and wait for the right one to come just like in real life too...
    I've honestly met some amazing girls there --> but the irony here is that the amazing girls I've met are only a handful and they all deleted their account like a week later...
    basically the handful of amazing girls I met and still talk to some... I was lucky enough to catch them just opening their account... meeting me, then getting sick of the bullshit and delete!

but we still stayed in contact... some dated some too
    the ones that never seem to get off have issues lol...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I'm still single and looking/ searching.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dating sites work for some people. Not for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • They only work if you're attractive

0|0
    1|0
  • My last relationship was through tinder, lasted 3 months, i wanted a full on relationship, she just wanted a friend with benefits. It ended so badly, probably won't use it again after that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes