Is sex important? When would you start sleeping with someone you are dating?

I was struck by the fact that, in an online dating app that asks people to answer and share responses to questions, there are a large percentage of folks Interested in becoming intimate early on in the dating relationship. This has not historically been me. However, upon reflection, I find my perspective changing. What do you think? How soon would you be intimate?
  • If I’m into them? First date
  • Probably after 2-4 dates
  • Somewhere between 5-7 dates
    Vote C
  • More than 7 dates
    Vote D
  • It’s not about the number of dates
    Vote E
  • Just show me the answers
    Vote F

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Whenever it's comfortable for you and that individual. its important but not as important as actually knowing and loving your mate. you can get sex from anywhere but a partner for life no. so I don't hold sex as highest priority although it's important to most men

• I agree that it’s not the most important aspect of a relationship. I’m finding it starting to play a larger role in my process of consideration, which quite, frankly bothers me. Recently, after a second date with someone, she was willing to become intimate because it was clear that’s what I wanted. I ended the date before that because I knew that wasn’t what she had wanted. Pragmatically, I want a lasting relationship and I don’t think I will get that with getting too physical too fast. Sigh. The complications of life.

• You can some people become closer after being intimate

• Omg thank you!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Great question. Sex is very important. Without it, it is basically just a solid friendship. I have to be comfortable and confident with them, and takes some time. So I would be in the 7+ date range, but I don't think you need to wait months and months either. I would not want to investing a bunch of time and money into a relationship, while waiting for months and months to find out we are not sexually compatible and need to break up.

• What would be examples of sexual incompatibility that would result in a breakup of an otherwise good relationship? Desired frequency differences? Desired variety / position differences? Something else? I have not experienced incompatible - somethings better with one than other? Yes. But always enjoyable is some (several) manner.

• Simple lingerie, oral sex, being open open to new positions, only wanting sex a couple times a month.