Why are some men colder than others?

I'm considering dating one of two guys. The one that I have more chemistry with seems colder and this is putting me off dating in and making me consider the other guy more. My question is why are some men colder than others, it makes me feel like it could be a lack of real interest from him although all the other signs are there, it's so confusing and I don't want to make the wrong choice. What are your thoughts guys?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There you go you answered your own question I believe that's the truth right there he's only in it for what he thinks he might get it has nothing to do with making you happy it's all about him so I give him the big boot

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm not sure that so the case though just yet.

• Well if that's who you like the most. Then that's who ur going to go with the odds are you can have a conversation with a guy it's in the first 5 to 10 minutes he will tell you everything did is going to happen if you asking the right questions you just have to listen and ask the right question

Most Helpful Girl

• It applies to girls too. People are different, that's why. Some guys are colder because that's in their nature, just like some girls are colder because that's just how they are. It doesn't mean it's a good thing, it only means they have that kind of personality

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• I subconsciously do the same, it comes from an innate fear of being betrayed or creating a bond only for it to break. Also they could be scared of betraying their emotions. Just ask.

2|0
    0|0
    • Betraying their emotions?

• Yeah! You know, if you're self conscious you can still come across as confident. But you can value people and not want to lose them. That can make you afraid to show people how you feel because you're afraid they may leave or your friendship will change.
      It's complex and confusing, I know :/
      Think of it as that cold shell you need to peel away to get to the deeper heart, but that usually involves taking the first move :)

• Got you

• They're all a little different, and hence why you date - to get to know.

You cannot negotiate attraction or desire - from either gender. It's either there or it isn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand how you could feel good chemistry with someone who is cold. I know I couldn't.

1|0
    0|0
    • It's hard to explain but it's there, it's almost like he's shy but he's also quietly confident so it's confusing.

• Upbringing, I have often been referred to as 'cold' due to being emotionless in many circumstances

1|0
    0|0
  • Why do you think that he is colder? It could mean slightly different things.

1|0
    0|0
    • It's hard to explain but I'll try, he's very warm and caring but when it comes to talking he doesn't go beyond the surface and expand conversation as much.

• If you are sure that he likes you I see three options:
      -he's an introvert
      -he's shy (or awkward around you)
      -he isn't able to have good conversations
      Try to talk about his interests and see how it develops.
      Just to let you know, I am both shy and an introvert.

• Good points. Thank you.

• If we were all the same temperature... wouldn't it take the fun out of things?

1|0
    0|0
  • If I had a girl, I would love her, believe me. But I would hardly show her in public.

1|0
    0|0
    • Okay. Why do you say that?

• I want her to be proud of me, she can't if I just dance around her like a happy hippo.

• True, I see what angle you're coming from now.

• Cause it if there a alpha, or omega, & if he has respect for women. just be careful there's a lot of ruthless asshole s out there that lost there morals.& play games

1|0
    0|0
  • The same reason some women are-people have different personalities, it might not necessarily mean they are apathetic or trying to be jerks-it could just be their natural disposition.

1|0
    0|0
  • its just different personalities and shit

also life stress and stuff can effect it, when im really stressed out / busy im more likely to come off a little colder than usual tbh

1|0
    0|0
  • We don't trust anymore. I'm 1 of those guys. And trying the flirty, tight jeans thing only makes my suspicion alert GO APESHIT.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some men think women lik that sort of strong man. Like those who like t be beaten by their man and so on

1|0
    0|0
  • Some guys are just are not cool guys. They don't know how to be cool guys. In other words they are just lame.

1|0
    0|0
  • He's probably shy and nervous, trying to not show it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just are

1|0
    0|0
  • That's because they are cool

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha cool as in popular or as in shy and playing it cool?

• Show All
    • Just messaged you.

• Ok thank you I replied back

• Some guys think too highly of themselves.

1|1
    0|0
  • That's just some men's personalities

1|0
    0|0
  • It's just how some personalities are wired

1|0
    0|0
  • I appear cold infront of women I am attracted to cause I'm shy and actually intimidated. An example is I had a crush and we had chemistry but when she tried to get closer I put on a front and acted stuck up (lime she annoyed me) to push her away. I know it doesn't make sense but it's how I deal with shyness he may he similiar.

1|1
    0|0
    • You need too bust your confidence , I was the same way now I can't keep up with all of them wanting me, don't do it in a cocky way & dont make it all about u eathier

• Show All
    • Why some girl break your heart

• You half to love yourself b4 you can love someone eles , dig deep into finding out who you are first.

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• People are different, personality and all that. I come off as cold to everyone including my family and friends and maybe even partners. If you think you can't take it don't bother. He might try to be better for a while but that's probably his default setting.

1|0
    0|0
  • Colder in what way?

1|0
    0|0
    • Not in actions, but when it comes to conversation he just doesn't always seem as open as my ex who I could get into deeper convos with.

• Show All
    • Yeah you're right. He does mostly, it's just that one aspect that makes me question it.

• How long have you been seeing him?

Recommended myTakes