How do YOU feel when someone approaches you?

Sometimes when I'm sleepy I start to wonder things xD. This morning I caught myself thinking how people feel when they're approached by someone. Since I never was and I'm sure many men weren't too, so maybe this question is mainly for women... but how do you feel when someone approaches you?

In a more specific scenario. If a stranger approaches you and politely says that he/she thought you are attractive and asks for your number. How would you feel, even if you're not interested and your answer is negative? Flattered? Disgusted? Angry? Confident?

Please, satisfy my curiosity!

1311

Most Helpful Girl

• This is very context-dependent, but generally speaking, I'd be flattered, albeit with a dose of social anxiety (that's just the introvert in me, though).

Settings in which I'd be uncomfortable, fearful, and/or disgusted would be, for example, getting approached while walking by myself somewhere dark and/or isolated. I also wouldn't appreciate it if the guy made lewd/sexual remarks or was being persistent after I said no.

And I would, in all circumstances, say no.
    I don't give my number out to strangers, regardless of how attractive they are or how charming of a compliment they give me, so my reaction would be to thank them for the compliment and politely decline their request for my number.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I believe that's what most people would do and I agree that insisting after a negative answer is annoying, even worrisome. But it's interesting to know that besides all that, you'd be flattered (I know I would too).

• Yes, persistence in general is annoying after you've been refused, but in that scenario, it's especially unappreciated, because it also makes me concerned for my safety (not always, but if I'm alone, then it's kind of scary).
      But otherwise, if the person is cordial and doesn't act entitled to my contact information, I have no reason to feel anything but flattered. Compliments are always nice to hear. I compliment strangers on a whim sometimes, too. As long as it's genuine, it's appreciated. :)

• I couldn't agree more

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely depends. If it's a girl that i'm definitely not attracted to i'd be happy and i'd admire them for at least telling me but i would politely say i'm not really into them. It's always sweet when you know someone likes you/finds you attractive whether you're a man or a woman. It can increase your confidence. It's never happened to me but if it did that's how i would feel.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I agree. At least she had the guts to tell, it's admirable and definetely increases our confidence.