Do you view it as a bad sign if on a first date they ask how much money you make?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • It depends (explain)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, i'd never ask someone that and wouldn't like it if they asked me either. it's not really something you ask.

3|6
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes very bad lol
    Actually i notice most people are very sensitive with how much they earn in general. So asking on a date would be considered rude

Hell I go on dates sometimes and the things people tend to find rude is incredible. I guess the more incorporated you are in society the more you become a slave to social etiquette
    I tend to break social norms all the time. So ya Im like the 'weird' one lol hahah but whateves

I also hate when people think its ok to not fulfill their obgligation like yesterday i saw a movie with a girl and some guy was selling his tickets for cheaper so im like hey, lets buy them. So i did. And now all of a sudden just cause the money has been paid out. She thinks its ok to pretend she doesn't owe it back to me. We went as friend. Not a date

Then i feel like the jerk for asking. 'Hey so its 14 bucks each, right? '

Fml lol
    Thor was absolutely incredible though!

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• No. There isn't anything to hide. If I'm broke, I'm broke. I find it a red flag when that person is more extremely private, yet he's screening me as a partner. However, it's based on the context. If you're randomly being asked, naturally that should ring red alarms in your head. But if you're discussing work, I don't see it as an issue personally. For other people, that's them.

1|2
    0|0
  • I guess down to the penny it would be considered rude. Not really sure why people think it is, but it is considered bad manners. Asking what they do for work would be the first question I would ask before even accepting the date

0|1
    0|0
    • what's an example of a job that would make you think twice about dating him?

• It has a lot to do with it and why. Is this man trying to better himself in life or is he just interested in dealing with the stress of just barely getting by? Or is it more he is seeking a woman to financially support him?

• I don't know why it should be so offensive because it depends how the question comes up! I was asked once how much I get paid because we were talking about minimum wages and different careers it's not a big deal! If they ask straight up what's your salary how much you make then that's kinda awkward.

1|1
    0|0
  • Definitely. As long as he can take care of himself, it's none of my business how much he makes. I'm not looking for a sugar daddy, I'm looking for someone worthy of an imitate emotional connection, and/or a sex partner, and I'm no prostitute.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure. It's sounds like "Hey can I date your money?"

1|3
    0|0
  • Yes, unless it was an appropriate conversational question in context. For example, if we were talking about our jobs and I happened to mention "I don't make much at my current job" or something.

0|2
    0|0
  • If they ask me what do I do for a living is way acceptable rather than how much I make. I'd be like are you looking for a sugar momma? lol

2|1
    0|0
  • SO YOU TAKE MY MONEY ! WHEN IM IN NEEEEEEEEEED... YA HE'S A TRIFLING FRIEND INDEED. OH HE'S A GOLD DIGGER. WAY OVER TIME. THAT DIGS ON ME...

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes because it's extremely rude. Perhaps they want to know how much I weigh as well? Nope

2|1
    0|0
  • I don't ask how much they make, I ask if they have a job or where they work. From there you can honestly figure it out for yourself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 23

• No, everyone almost always asks what you do in the first few sentences

0|3
    0|0
    • But instead of saying 'what do you do' instead they ask 'how much do you make?' you don't have an issue with that?

• No tbh with either I think it's a pretty important thing to find out, money makes the world go round

• Honestly no. I'm secure enough to know that girls don't use me for my money. I'm open about what I make as long as she is about what she makes. Plus it's not like I'm gonna be spending it on her anyways.

So many people are so insecure with their appearance they assume if a girl asks them about their job she must be after their money. I guess when you're ugly on dates that's a fair insecurity to have since u always gotta have your guard up for gold diggers

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of the time it's a terrible sign. Unless you were happening to bring up deeper financial discussions where this would come up, such as tax brackets or something. Why you'd discuss this on a first date is beyond me... maybe she's a broker, loll

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends. On the first date, I'd probably dislike that. On consecutive dates, I probably wouldn't mind. I wouldn't give an exact number, but a general range. It's not lying then. If they come out and just ask... I'd have a problem with it. If they nonchalantly lead into it L, I'm not so offended. It should be understood, that women want to know they'll have security in finances too...

0|0
    0|0
  • You run as fast as you can when she says
    * what you want in a women
    * do you want kids
    * what type is your car/how much you make
    *asks you to pay

0|3
    1|1
    • what's wrong with the first 2 questions?

• 1st , is asking about what he wants to hear from her, how should she act so she can fool him

2nd she's asking if he's willing to be her financial victim

• she is not necessarily trying to fool him, maybe she just want to know if they can get along..
      I didn't get how are kids can make him her financial victim?

• If it is a woman who is searching for a husband, it is a fair, but tactless question.

What she should do is ask what your job is, then go look it up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Here in the UK talking about money is taboo, but anyway... depends if it’s related to previous questions about what you work as and his/her demeanour overall.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm outta there. Immediately. Now she's stuck with the bill, out of how much SHE makes.

0|4
    1|0
  • certainly yes,,,, cos it's gonna look pretty obvious that they ain't there for who u are but what you have..

0|3
    0|0
  • I would.
    We're both going to be disappointed here - because I don't want to date a girl who wants my money, and I don't make that much anyways

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes