To date someone who's just fine, or to hold out for someone I really have strong feelings for?

I've been single for a while. I have trouble meeting people because I don't go out much, and I'm not very into online dating (tried it, felt too artificial). There's a guy in my friend group who I think likes me, and he's alright, but I really don't feel much toward him. I wish I did, since he seems like a kind and decent guy, but I just don't feel it. Ideally, I want to be with someone who I really like and admire, who I can talk for a solid hour about all the things I love about him. I dated a guy earlier this year who I felt that way about, but he broke it off after about a month (we had also been friends for a while).

Is it realistic to find a guy who really impresses me with how great he is? Or should I settle for a guy I just feel okay about, and hope that my feelings grow over time?

919

Most Helpful Guy

• Never settle for something you dont feel strongly about, but also be realistic. The ideal person is just that: an ideal. gotta separate the individual from this ideal and just pick someone who challenges you.

also, im not gonna pretend i know you, but im getting weird vibes from how you phrase things. if you're looking for an amazing person to fawn over it won't happen unless you're that amazing yourself. nobody wants to have a fan as a partner, they want an equal

• well some does, artist for instance , they want a fan, not an equal. Maybe she would fit an artist
      I had the same vibe as you regarding the phrasing

• I just want a partner who I feel a strong respect and admiration for. Likewise, I'd want my partner to feel the same sense of admiration towards me. That's not to say either of us have to be "amazing," but we should each possess qualities that the other values.

My last long term relationship was with a guy I just didn't respect. I hated being serious with a guy who I had such a hard time saying positive things about. That was most of the reason I left.

• that's sounds about fair enough , you should always be with someone whom you respect and admire..
      though you will have to learn to not idolize a man , truth is , younger i was like you , but to be honest , i fell off since.
      keep in mind that guys are big baby, they are mainly good to admire because they had the chance to be with an amazing woman that teach them.
      So you have to be amazing and teach a guy. basically.
      Guys are not magically admirable. they either had a badass mother , or a badass girlfriend before. full stop

many guys I find lame back in the days , are now awesome because they had the right girlfriend that came at ome point and change them for the best, and they are happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't have strong feelings toward him, don't fool him and humiliate him that you and only date with him because there is noone else around. Why did the other one leave you?

• Never found out why. He said he just wasn't feeling it.

• You see, he couldn't stay with you because there were no strong feelings from his part... You see, it doesn''t work.