Why do guys get mad when a girl doesn't want to pursue things because of height differences?

I am a 5'8 girl. And I was on a dating app and the guy told me he was 5'6. I was honest with him and told him that the height differences bothers me! He ended up telling me I was superficial.
But I mean come on I am 5'8 I am just asking for a guy to be my height or above. It's not even like: you must be 6'0 if not do not even bother..
Is that too much to ask for. Am I that "Superficial"? I think I'm quite reasonable here..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because a lot of women don't stop at preference, internet is full of badmouthing short men even wishing they don't exist, so it's some kind of defensive mechanism. Also a lot of women don't understand everything goes in two ways - they gladly say that they won't settle for a man under some height then get outraged when someone says they are too fat. I am 182 cm tall and I sometimes get depressed browsing Internet to think about shorter guys - they are mean because everyone were mean to them and they got defensive.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I could understand! But I told him in the nicest way possible.. I wasn't rude about or anything!

• I understand but I didn't say that you were mean or something, maybe he is just being defensive because he had previous incidents with his height - men have complexes too (I know women don't find men with complexes attractive, very convenient).

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not superficial. You're attracted to what you're attracted to.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• I am 5'7. And I am not finding it weird or bitchy if a girl wants a higher guy. I mean we all have a standart. And he sounded like one of those douches that expect girls to like them only if he is acting nice. No wonder you found him on dating app lol. Nah seriously its all okay though. You choose what you want.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not bad. It's just shallow. (Which isn't a bad thing it's just made out to be) being shallow is pretty much the life we live in now. It's like us saying sorry you are too fat or too blonde for me. It's just not nice to hear that something we can't help is stopping you from pursuing something with us.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not?
    You'd get upset if someone said no to you because you were blah blah.
    It's fine. Everyone moves on and gets over it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah maybe upset but not bad and start cussing them out in a way 🙄

• ok, that is excessive.
      Probably got blown off one too many times.

• Maybe because its completely out of his control. Girls like guys taller than them, at that height he doesn't have many options and his pride is hurt too.
    It's like saying you won't go out with a girl because she's overweight (except that that's actually something you have some control over).
    Better example would be really tall girls who can't find a guy, except guys can be into taller girls. Not common for girls to be into shorter guys.
    See what I'm getting at?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, it's all the way we see things. I personally don't care about height as long as we have feelings. The thing is that searching for someone physical may indeed make you look and be more superficial instead of seeing how that person truly is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh geez, I wonder why. He's probably had to deal with that shit his entire life.

"It's not even like: you must be 6'0 if not do not even bother.." Nah you're just saying you must be 5'8" or taller if not do not even bother.

Everyone has their preferences but that doesn't mean everyone has to like your preferences.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that is superficial just as it works both ways. Some women would think men should accept them for their weight, when I disagree. I think you are fine as long as it works respectively. We all have preferences

0|0
    0|0
  • No you can have any standard you want.

Only insecure guys get mad at rejections.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because girls are the first to always say they're "not like that," and only want to guy to "love them for who they are,"... yet they don't do it themselves. Pot... meet kettle.

0|0
    0|0
    • That didn't make no sense. We are talking about heights. Not a personality trait or weight/features. I think that's what they mean as for who they are..

• Then go read someone else's opinion.

• Its aggravating because we get so much shit from women about how awful we are for wanting a girl who's not fat or has nice boobs.
    Either we're all allowed to have our preferences or neither side is. Take your pick.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• Because they're babies.

0|0
    0|2
    • And what if I told you I didn't want to date you because you weighed more than me?

• Show All
    • Damn was hoping he was going to keep this going, it was providing a small amount of entertainment in my life.

Recommended myTakes