Why do guys get mad when a girl doesn't want to pursue things because of height differences?

I am a 5'8 girl. And I was on a dating app and the guy told me he was 5'6. I was honest with him and told him that the height differences bothers me! He ended up telling me I was superficial.
But I mean come on I am 5'8 I am just asking for a guy to be my height or above. It's not even like: you must be 6'0 if not do not even bother..
Is that too much to ask for. Am I that "Superficial"? I think I'm quite reasonable here..

220

Most Helpful Guy

• Because a lot of women don't stop at preference, internet is full of badmouthing short men even wishing they don't exist, so it's some kind of defensive mechanism. Also a lot of women don't understand everything goes in two ways - they gladly say that they won't settle for a man under some height then get outraged when someone says they are too fat. I am 182 cm tall and I sometimes get depressed browsing Internet to think about shorter guys - they are mean because everyone were mean to them and they got defensive.

• Yeah I could understand! But I told him in the nicest way possible.. I wasn't rude about or anything!

• I understand but I didn't say that you were mean or something, maybe he is just being defensive because he had previous incidents with his height - men have complexes too (I know women don't find men with complexes attractive, very convenient).

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not superficial. You're attracted to what you're attracted to.