Why doesn’t my boyfriend like to be affectionate?

He isn’t big in posting photos of us (or even taking them together). He doesn’t tell me he loves me (unless i say it first). He doesn’t compliment me often, and he isn’t really into PDA. He is a Latino man born and raised in several Latin countries. Some people tell me it is because of the Latin male culture of “machismo” but, i believe that is unfair and a bit stereotypical.

He can be affectionate when it’s the two of us, he listens to me, he tries to help me with my problems, and he fights for me when times get rough.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he's not attracted to you. Does he have someone else that he's affectionate to when you're not around? I'm Latino and both of my brothers have girls that they do things with other than their girlfriend

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • No, i believe I️ am the only woman in his life (romantically).

• We don’t check each other’s phones. He doesn’t look at mine, I️ don’t look at his... I️ feel that’s weird to ask

• It's always good to keep everything open. If you do, there shouldn't be any doubts.

Most Helpful Girl

• He won't change. So either you accept him that way, or you leave him and find someone who will be affectionate with you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Do you think he isn’t affectionate because he doesn’t love me/find me attractive?

• No idea, because I don't know him. Ask him. If he avoids answering, then you know the answer. If he is that type with everybody, then either you accept him, or leave him.