What does a guy mean when he says “I want to take you out to dinner or lunch” but didn’t actually say when?

The guy im sort of seen (have been on a couple of dates) the other day I got upset because he never responds to my texts (like he responds but I have to double text him and stuff) he notice I got upset so he called me to apologize. We talked for like 40 min and then he said “I want to take you out this weekend” but its Friday and he hasn’t texted me at all.
Should I ask whats going on? Or just be patient and wait. I do want to hand out with him today or tomorrow.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I have this crazzzzzy idea that a girl should sometimes stop letting guys chase her and just ask the guy out for once!

Ask him directly what time he was thinking about or even bolder just ask him out this Saturday. Say that you want to see him at a precise hour and place.

Go after what you want!

1|0
    0|0
    • Or maybe she’s scared to that himself

• @Greaver for sure it is scary. But man could it be so simple if we stoped the game and just said hey I like you and I want to see you!
      But I do understand the fear...

• Same with me i would be nervous to ask a girl out but you just gotta man up and do it and also who the fuck made all guys and girls think love is a game

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I honestly don't know why people are so rude and don't even take the decency to respond when someone has made an attempt or effort to message them. I have the same situation I'm doing with right now with someone on Insta. Follows me, looks at my messages but won't respond. If she's not interested why wouldn't she just unfollow me or tell me; "thanks but no thanks" instead of just leaving out to hang?

0|0
    0|0
  • He's testing you to see if you're interested, or he's forgetful. You could hit him up and remind him he owes you lunch or dinner. Put the ball back in his court

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he didn't genuinely want to take you out. That or he wasn't sure he would be able to and it was just an empty thought

0|0
    0|0
  • i guess it sounds like he's busy now but a rain check and he likes u

0|0
    0|0
  • Likely he just wants to look cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Time pass

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes