Do you see yourself staying with your current SO for forever?

Do you see yourself staying with your current SO for forever?... if not, why're you with them?

I find this topic to be really interesting.. As I strongly believe that most people get into relationships and marriages because they have this feeling as if they "have to"... Sure, count part of that as instinct.. But I think these days it's more linked to societal pressures of being "wanted in a relationship"... As these days it now seems like a weird sort of unpronounced and indirectly stated competition.. "Who can get into the most relationships in the shortest amount of time"? It's at least what society seems to make of it all... Generally at least.

I've created this as a sort of interesting way to encourage people to really interpret their actions and intentions concerning their so called "loved ones".. As I truly believe that the majority of relationships are based on infatuation and not anything more genuine and deeper than that.. (Love).

So what's your say? Why are you actually in the relationship that you are with your SO?

This is question obviously isn't really applicable to those who aren't currently in relationships.. But it could be applicable if you want to mention a past relationship and why you were in that one.

1223

Most Helpful Guy

• First and foremost; i am totally agree with you. I am unbelievably happy that we share the same point of view. It gets me excited. In my opinion; every single point you have made are absolutely accurate.

I assume majority of people won't understand your point or it would take a hard long deep thinking in order to dig out the concept of the actions they are making. Because they are living inside the circle. When you are inside the circle barely you get the ability to observe all the angles and details.

Generally; i am just totally agree with you. I would adjust sexual relationship too. Relationship and sexual contact both are heavily attached nowadays. And it is a competition. Competition of numbers and quality. According to my observation; majority of people today; specially specifically the younger generation; they are unaware of the definition of true love. They have no idea what it is; what it looks like and how they suppose to feel. Infatuation is all it is. They get caught in a hype. Subconsciously they just want to experience what they see in the movies or what they see on the streets. They want to create the same common image. They feel empty of it's absence and feel fulfilled when they copy and paste the same lifestyle upon their own lives. A relationship and sexual relationship. It's gossips and details to talk about. It's image to observe. Boyfriend/girlfriend concept. They just want that. But why there is so many breakups or divorces? Because after a while the infatuation fades away. Because constantly they come to this realization that this is not satisfying enough. Love doesn't know numbers; shapes; sizes and colors. The very first thing people do a lot nowadays is objectifying each other. I want a girlfriend with this breast size. I want a boyfriend with this penis size. That is not love. Love requires hard work; patience; sacrifices; communications; understanding; agreements; Unity; integrity; respect; trust and togetherness. How many of these traits you think people own? Almost none. Today many are just selfish that want to think about themselves only and when problems hit; they run. That is not love either. Love requires time and effort.

Anyways; personally i have had only one girlfriend in my entire life. 2012-Present. We have plans to marry in January. And sure; i see myself with her for the rest of my life. She is my life and i am a better person with her.

Good Luck.

• Thanks! I'm glad you agree with me! :)
      I also appreciate your in-depth response!

Ooh! That's really exciting! I'm happy that you have your loved one :)

• You're most welcome.

And thank you so much :)

• You're very welcome! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm starting to feel stupid for getting into a relationship and always thinking "this is the one". And when I look back on a relationship later on I can't believe myself for staying in a shitty relationship like that. My idea of what a happy relationship is has changed so much, each time in a new relationship it feels better than the last ones. In my current relationship I feel like I have never been happier, but what if my mind is screwing with me again? I can't tell. I don't say forever, because I never know what shit life throws at my face. But I'm staying with my current SO as long as both of us are happy, it might be forever, it might be for only a few years. But that's the thing, I can't know.

• That's true! And I understand what you mean.. It sucks a lot.. But I'm glad that at least for now, you have someone who makes you happy! That's definitely something! :)