Do you see yourself staying with your current SO for forever?

Do you see yourself staying with your current SO for forever?... if not, why're you with them?

I find this topic to be really interesting.. As I strongly believe that most people get into relationships and marriages because they have this feeling as if they "have to"... Sure, count part of that as instinct.. But I think these days it's more linked to societal pressures of being "wanted in a relationship"... As these days it now seems like a weird sort of unpronounced and indirectly stated competition.. "Who can get into the most relationships in the shortest amount of time"? It's at least what society seems to make of it all... Generally at least.

I've created this as a sort of interesting way to encourage people to really interpret their actions and intentions concerning their so called "loved ones".. As I truly believe that the majority of relationships are based on infatuation and not anything more genuine and deeper than that.. (Love).

So what's your say? Why are you actually in the relationship that you are with your SO?

This is question obviously isn't really applicable to those who aren't currently in relationships.. But it could be applicable if you want to mention a past relationship and why you were in that one.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• First and foremost; i am totally agree with you. I am unbelievably happy that we share the same point of view. It gets me excited. In my opinion; every single point you have made are absolutely accurate.

I assume majority of people won't understand your point or it would take a hard long deep thinking in order to dig out the concept of the actions they are making. Because they are living inside the circle. When you are inside the circle barely you get the ability to observe all the angles and details.

Generally; i am just totally agree with you. I would adjust sexual relationship too. Relationship and sexual contact both are heavily attached nowadays. And it is a competition. Competition of numbers and quality. According to my observation; majority of people today; specially specifically the younger generation; they are unaware of the definition of true love. They have no idea what it is; what it looks like and how they suppose to feel. Infatuation is all it is. They get caught in a hype. Subconsciously they just want to experience what they see in the movies or what they see on the streets. They want to create the same common image. They feel empty of it's absence and feel fulfilled when they copy and paste the same lifestyle upon their own lives. A relationship and sexual relationship. It's gossips and details to talk about. It's image to observe. Boyfriend/girlfriend concept. They just want that. But why there is so many breakups or divorces? Because after a while the infatuation fades away. Because constantly they come to this realization that this is not satisfying enough. Love doesn't know numbers; shapes; sizes and colors. The very first thing people do a lot nowadays is objectifying each other. I want a girlfriend with this breast size. I want a boyfriend with this penis size. That is not love. Love requires hard work; patience; sacrifices; communications; understanding; agreements; Unity; integrity; respect; trust and togetherness. How many of these traits you think people own? Almost none. Today many are just selfish that want to think about themselves only and when problems hit; they run. That is not love either. Love requires time and effort.

Anyways; personally i have had only one girlfriend in my entire life. 2012-Present. We have plans to marry in January. And sure; i see myself with her for the rest of my life. She is my life and i am a better person with her.

Good Luck.

2|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! I'm glad you agree with me! :)
      I also appreciate your in-depth response!

Ooh! That's really exciting! I'm happy that you have your loved one :)

• You're most welcome.

And thank you so much :)

• You're very welcome! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm starting to feel stupid for getting into a relationship and always thinking "this is the one". And when I look back on a relationship later on I can't believe myself for staying in a shitty relationship like that. My idea of what a happy relationship is has changed so much, each time in a new relationship it feels better than the last ones. In my current relationship I feel like I have never been happier, but what if my mind is screwing with me again? I can't tell. I don't say forever, because I never know what shit life throws at my face. But I'm staying with my current SO as long as both of us are happy, it might be forever, it might be for only a few years. But that's the thing, I can't know.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's true! And I understand what you mean.. It sucks a lot.. But I'm glad that at least for now, you have someone who makes you happy! That's definitely something! :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Yes, I intend to be with my SO forever. Not because I am infatuated with her or with being in some type of relationship. It's not because I am in love with her body either. Infatuation will fade and your bodies will change. Then, if that was all your relationship was based on, what are you left with? Simply put, I love my SO because she is my best friend. Our relationship started as a deep and sincere friendship long before we ever became romantic. Sure, we enjoy those aspects of our relationship too, but that's not why we love each other. We love each other because I know there is nobody else on this planet who has my back no matter what the way she does, who will always be there to pick me up when I'm down and call me out when I act out of character, who will always forgive me no matter how badly I may mess up, who I know I can trust with anything and who always pushes me to be the best I can be. She is the one I want to spend my life with and the one I would lay down my life for in an instant. That is what she means to me and why I will stay by her side forever.

1|0
    0|0
    • Aww.. That's really sweet and heart warming! It seems like this is truly love and that this might last a while! I'm happy for you :)

• Thank you, I really appreciate it.

• Oh course! You're welcome :)

• I think anyone who go, s into a relationships expecting it to last forever is just setting themselves up for hurt. I always just go for the flow and date people Because i like or love them. I don't see anyone in dumping someone who treats me will but if my girlfriend starts treating me like shit and won't change then ill replace her.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes! I agree! Expectations can taint relationships thoroughly! So I strongly believe in going with the flow, as you've said.

• Good it's something i learned from my current girlfriend.

• Same as with me!

• I'm single Ebby, but speaking in general terms I see myself be very faithful to one girl :D
    I really want someone to give love to, not someone to have some sexual pleasure with...

2|0
    0|0
    • Ah! Well hey, that's still certainly the way to go! There's absolutely no rush in finding love! And sure! Love isn't necessarily always sexually related 😌 My partner is someone that I met online and have yet to meet in person, but we really have a special connection Thad unlike anything I've ever had with anyone else!

• Show All
    • Enjoy it Ebby! Love is in the air <3 <3 I can feel it from a large distance :D
      Try to meet him, just to avoid eventually discovering he was a catfish account... I've seen many of those on dating sites.
      I have met a girl a few weeks back and I was so happy when we had met. Though it was not a match from her perspective, it felt good to finally have a real date :D

• Haha thank you! I certainly am and will! :) I definitely plan to meet him soon!! Within the next year or so if possible! And nah, he's definitely not a catfish.. We phone call all the time and even camera call πŸ€— He's my bff so we're always hanging out! But thanks! ☺️

• When I was in a relationship, I didn't know if they would last, though I could probably assume they wouldn't just with stats. I never looked that far ahead, though. I was "in the moment." Perhaps I would have started looking farther ahead if they had lasted longer.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's good to live in the moment! Of course, it's not bad to try to peer into the future somewhat.. It's never bad.. The only bad thing is creating expectations.. Since that's a possible side effect of looking into the future. Expectations can easily destroy relationships.

• Well, like I can sort of imagine being married... but not to a specific girl yet.

Or I think about consequences, and I plan certain things, but in relationships, I never assumed it would go to marriage... I probably will down the line, if I find the right woman.

Right now, I’m planning a first date, how I’m going to ask a specific woman out. But I’m not thinking six months down the line yet or thinking about marrying her. And I’m thinking I know when I may be likely to see her (it will be a while).

• Ah okay! I hope that all goes well!

• When you hit 40+ sure i want settle down and stay with
    the same woman to death do us part. When your younger
    you might not feel the same way But i haven't found the right
    woman and I'm dragging my feet so who knows but if i met
    the right woman sure i want stay with the her forever.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah! Of course! A huge tip.. Don't let age affect anything.. Love is love. It doesn't matter when you find it. So there's no rushing it at all.

• Of course! Love is never everrrr a thing to rush

• I am in my current relationship because my girlfriend is sweet, caring, understanding like no one else in my life, and down for whatever I wanna do no matter how weird or different it is because she loves me. She is freaky yes, but I'm not with her souly because sex is great. When we first got together we didn't have sexual relations as we went places and did fun things sharing laughs, getting drunk, having fun, making sure no one else was looking at us in that type of way. Sex came later. I see sex as a relationship builder not a starter. I want a woman that will treat me right stay loyal and be there for me in my times of need, not tell me I'm stupid, useless, or weird. That is what a relationship is to me, someone u can give the stars to if they really deserve it and prove to her that she's special, not fuck her and that's all.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's honestly the way to go! A very good mindset to have towards a relationship! I can see your relationship lasting a long time :)

• I'm not sure, but I would definitely want to if it were possible. We've dated for about a month and a half and it's been amazing. I'm pretty sure I would stay with her forever and be happy.

0|0
    0|0
    • A month and a half is really really early.. Not to burst your bubble.. But a wise tip- don't have any expectations. Just handle what you've got and don't expect anything. Allow things to flow naturally.. Don't allow expectations to taint anything.

• Yeah, of course. I know I'm only 16. I just feel like having a positive outlook will give me motivation to continue the relationship.

• Of course! A positive outlook is always good to have! It's only negative if it turns into expectations :) I wish the best for you!

• A lot of people will stay with their right hands till death πŸ’•

1|0
    0|0
  • No, she is very much so insecure and does not believe in equality in a relationship

0|0
    0|0
    • Ah yes.. Insecurities can cause major rifts and tears in a relationship.. It's very hard to work through them.. But if you love your partner, and want to help her gain confidence and work on her insecurities.. You need to provide support. Insecurities stem from many things.. But something that's nearly uniform amongst them is that they stem from a lack of comfort and confidence. If you can work to build up that base work.. It'll set the ball rolling to fix many other details and problems. It can be quite a lot of work.. But if you're willing to try it out, then it's worth the results! I hope this helps :)

• Show All
    • Happy to help :) you can ask me for advice anytime

• I have no plans of getting into any relationships forever...

0|0
    0|0
    • Why's that?

• Show All
    • Yes you can, but nowhere near to the level you have without...

• Not necessarily lol. Personally, I'm in an open relationship with my partner. So I've got all the freedom in the world. You really shouldn't look towards relationships with a negative filter.. You have half a day if you find the right person. It's all about communication.

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• Yeah i see myself staying with my SO forever. he's the sweetest, nicest, most caring guy, i believe he is the only one for me. He is always there for me and i love him with all my heart. We've already talked about our future goals, and we really want to build a life together. I can't imagine a future without him.

1|0
    0|0
    • Aww! I'm really happy this is the case! That's awesome :)

• I don't know if it will last because I can't predict the future, it doesn't depend only on me and him.. however that doesn't mean I don't want it to last forever and that we don't try our best for the relationship
    Personally I don't start any relationship with someone unless i see him as a potential partner for life and that's why I haven't dated a lot of guys.

0|0
    0|0
    • I completely understand that! I'm the same way! I hate when people just date around.. The whole point to dating is to seriously seek out a partner.. And if things don't work, you can hopefully find someone else. But yeah, I take things totally seriously when dating.. As I think people *should* take it πŸ€”

• Yes, I hope to be with my SO forever. I love him. He's my other half. He's my eyes when I can't see, my ears when I can't hear, my voice when I can't speak. He's my backbone. The one that picks me up when I'm down. The one who offers a shoulder when I'm feeling down and need to cry. He's the one who brings me tissues when I'm sick. The one who holds my hair when I had too much to drink. He's pretty much a part of me. That's why I hope to be together forever. And I say hope because we can never predict the future and life can take a turn and change your plans in the blink of an eye.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's true! But it seems like you really have something special going on! I really hope that this lasts a long time and is always so great :)

• Thank you, I sure hope so, I'm tired of getting my heart broken! But hey, its a part of life!

• Of course! And yeah.. It unfortunately is.. But eventually the one will pop up :) which is always the inspiration to continue searching!

• Forever ❀️

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I do, my life was down in the dumps till I met the guy I was with, he was in the same boat at that time and along the way we like mended all the pieces that tore us down in the past. We spend most of our days together and we've been going strong for 3 years, never had nothing to not talk about and can easily say he's the best thing that happened to me. I first thought it was just infatuation playing it's part and it was too good to be true, but he obviously showed that it wasn't and showed me that he's here for the long run.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because I love him with all my heart.

Yes, I see forever, if God is willing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i do. I've gotten to that point in my life where i want to settle down. And so does he.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's always really good to be in sync with your partner like that! I'm really glad things are going well for y'all :)

• yyeessssss :3 <3

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing lasts

0|0
    0|0
    • That's not necessarily true.. Sure, people change and are fluid, but there's plenty of relationships that're witheld the test of time if people are willing to work together to support eachother

• I appreciate it, thxs

• Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes