Have you ever dated someone that doesn't understand you?

Me and my boyfriend fight about everything, everything I think about something he disagrees on n he looks at me like I'm so stupid n vice versa.
Sometimes we can agree with each other but its always on small things that dont matter.
I feel were just not compatible. We've been on and off for 4 years but I feel like we need each other?
What do you do when you and your partner dont agree on anything?
I feel lost and confused. I feel like we deal with things different.
When one of us is angry, we don't know how to calm each other down
When one of us is sad, we don't know how to comfort each other
I feel like whenever I try to help him he gets mad at me n whenever he tries to help me he is always so mean I start to cry n he calls me a sook n then I cry even more.
can this relationship ever work?
we always try to just understand each other but I feel like when the time comes n we just can't see it whenever I try to explain why I did something he just thinks everything I say is stupid n he stops listening to me n then he tries to explain n I'm thinking wtf how can you think like that?

there are some rare times when I have understood him but he would always just rub it in my face n then he says he has always been right about everything n he will bring it up in another argument
I feel like he has never understood me at all n sometimes I feel like he is being fake so he can get his way or something because I feel like whenever he disagrees its like things everyone knows n he just sees things so differently

Tbh even his friends has said the things that I've said to him n when I tell him that they agree with me he thinks that they are just being nice to me.

Sometimes I talk about my friends n he acts like I dont even know my friends ( he has known one of them longer than me) but the things is he doesn't see her as much as I do he talks bad about most of my friends n I dont understand why he thinks they are slutty but I know them he thinks he can see through everyone arghh help

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This situation sounds like my previous relationship with Kayleigh, her and I were on and off for three years. I loved her but I was a total ass to her about her friends (which I still think are a terrible influence on her). I personally would get out of the relationship. He is just being a ass about stuff that he should be intrigued to hear. He should love to hear about your friends and you should have a voice and matter to him. It is sad that he does not listen and is a ass. I am sorry.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Sounds like a shit relationship. Something you said stuck out to me. You said you feel like you need to be with him. You shouldn't depend on another person for your hapiness. Id take time to be single and not NEED someone. Be with someone because you WANT to. I went through a divorce after being in a relationship with her for 6 years. wasn't a good one. It took a long time for me to be happy again. But there's a lot of other peiple out there that won't treat you like this dude. Hope this helps

1|0
    0|0
  • Is this fun for you? Do you look forward to seeing him?

Help? It's simple. Dump this guy. How many years are you going to go on like this? Time is fleeting. Don't waste your precious youth being miserable and not doing the things you love.

0|0
    0|0
  • hahahaha..."we have been on and off for 4 years"... you might not get along but you guys sure are similar. BOTH of you afraid to rip that rip cord. get the fuck out the relationship. BOTH of you are afraid to be lonely. pfft.
    I've dated a Lot of people and there was a time when i was just like that... afraid to cut ties because of the loneliness that comes with it. Now... my trigger finger itches... the slightest thing makes me pull that cord and she can go fuck herself lol...

My point is, you have noticed that he is not making you happy. pull that rip cord darling... do what i'd do... the next time you see him, smile, look him dead in the eye, and tell him "im done with this" and walk away... like a boss, don't look back. then don't contact him anymore.
    According to my experience, you will turn his world upside down, and he will have to back track to find out why and thats when he will realize he was such a dick to you.
    Its so much fun to do lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Why? WTF? (Why) The Fuck would you two stay together? I'm not trying to be mean but you know you two sound like my mother's aunt and uncle. The big difference is that the two of them have been married 77 years... lmfao!😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are you guys still together if you have so many problems? Sounds like you two should break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • On and off for 4 years? Yeah definitely not worth any more time into that relationship that's for sure

1|0
    0|0
  • Barely even considered a relationship. Its just a match up for a boxing ring.

0|0
    0|0
  • So sad🙁

0|0
    0|0
  • Um huh.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Why are you wasting your time with this guy?

1. He ignores you
    2. Calls you dumb
    3. Makes you feel dumb
    4. Says your friends are shit
    5. Belittles you
    6. Makes you cry
    7. Sees you crying and makes u cry even more

How is it that you need this guy? Boyfriends aren't supposed to be like that. My boyfriend never makes me cry. My boyfriend never calls my friends sluts or calls me stupid.

I don't want to sound mean to you but you need to wake up girl. The reason he thinks you're stupid is because you stick around and allow him to treat you like shit. Of course he would have this opinion over you because you demonstrate it to him everyday by staying with his ass despite the emotional abuse.

Girl you need to have a little more self esteem and faith in yourself that you will find something better than this piece of shit. There are so many other guys out there who would treat you better. Drop his ass

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes