Do most guys tell girls that they're unique, different, weird, and that they like them because they don't follow what everyone else does?

I get this comment by almost every guy I have ever gone on a date with or have actually dated. The guy I am dating now, probably one of the most serious relations I've had with a guy in the last 3 years, tells me quite often how different I am from people, my interests he has never heard of or knew existed before he met me, and one reason he likes me so. I have is that I do my own thing and not what others are doing, I dance to my own drum or whatever. Is he trying to sweet talk me, like do guys say this to a lot of women? Or am I actually as different as he says? Because I just do what I like to do, and granted I don't do what others are doing if I don't like that certain thing, but I don't actively try to be this way and now I'm noticing it more since I get comments on it a lot.

02