Do you think your standards are realistic?

Whatever standards you have for a potential partner, do you feel they are truly realistic at all? Can people meet these standards easily? How many people in your life have actually met all of them?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• My standards are pretty high but they are realistic. Rarely anyone meets them, but that's just life, finding a suitable partner is extremely hard, for everyone. Universe needs to set everything accordingly at the right time, in the right place, with the right person. It's all random, with or without standards.

0|1
    0|0
    • Do you think finding a suitable partner should be difficult?

• It makes sense that its difficult. For example, I know that the guy who 100% fits my standards and I 100% fit his standards is out there somewhere right now, and because we haven't met yet we will need a huge amount of luck and coincidence to be at the same place in the same time, universe has to play its role to get us to interact somehow so that we could meet.

Most Helpful Guy

• When it comes to appearance my standards is too unrealistic and too high in my country, but if I moved to the Middle-east, Asia, South-America or South-Europe, my beauty standards wouldn't be too high. Then it would be realistic and more people from these geographically areas would fit it than the Nordic people in my country. I'm into tall fit dark people with almond shaped eyes, something which is rarer in my country.

When it comes to personality I'm not quite sure, because I've not dated so many and don't know that many people. But I admit I'm quite picky, so it's a possibility it's not the most realistic though. I want a partner who's both ambitious, creative, smart enough, kind, understanding, patient and shares some of the same interests as me (Example art, history and politics).

I'm also very picky when it comes to smell. I've met people who smells good and attractive, but it's a bit rare. Most people smells either average, boring or bad. I don't like the smell of people who smells garlic, spicy food etc. too like how many in the middle east smells. The food is good, but the smell your body gets afterward isn't my thing.

I hasn't met any people who've fit all of the standards yet. Some have good looks, smell and is nice, but have alcohol, drug and school problems which isn't my thing. I've also met some who's good looking, smells boring and has an uninteresting personality. And I've met people with a little bit nice looks, bad clothing style, interesting personality, but not mature enough. I've not dated all of these people I've mentioned. Many of them are only people I've met. The majority in my country have a boring smell and looks average or below. Since I don't know many very well, I can't tell when it comes to personality.

Why dating middle-eastern can be a challenge is because many of them have a completely different culture and values than my Nordic-Western culture. I'm into modern liberal western culture and not conservative culture. I'm not saying everyone have it, but it's more common among them.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 26

• The best way I can put it is: I don't hold anyone to a standard that I, myself, cannot meet.

Admittedly, my standards for me are pretty stringent, however, they're not unrealistic. If I can meet them, so can others--and plenty of people do.
    Therefore, they're realistic in the sense that they're fair and not outside the realm of probability.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not extremely high but not extremely low either. Yes, I keep it realistic. Not many people can have he traits I’m looking for but it’s not like no one has them either. I’ve actually met a variety of guys who meet my standards one way or another :)

0|1
    0|0
    • And what are your standards?

• Show All
    • Do you let the guy know that while you date him that you're like that?

• Yeah, I mean I don’t cheat. I actually try to discuss it. But I feel like many guys will be absolutely not okay with it. I’ll try to date him first and then see where it goes. I can maintain my faithfulness but not if it’s like 5+ years

• My standards are really simple: must shower regularly, must take care of self, must be able to pull own weight. I couldn't care less about looks or money.

It would be nice if all of them owned their own car and didn't smoke, but the man I'm with now doesn't even have a drivers license.

1|2
    0|0
  • To me, realistic and easy are two different things. Easy = anyone with awareness, realistic = 80th percentile or better.

1|2
    0|0
    • And what are your standards?

• Show All
    • but you actually switched it around from 'im a bitch' to 'i can be a bitch'

I won't argue with you there, but you definitely acknowledge that that doesn't make up all of what you are. You're like one of those with a cold exterior but warm on the inside.

• Which gives way to my hidden standard, it’s not something I consciously do but I will do something stupid and if the guy puts up with it enough I’ll lose respect for him. I really expect him to keep me in line I guess. This is probably the most difficult standard I have because even I don’t really know when I apply it. It’s not something I do on purpose, but I think it has to do with how I was raised. And yeah, I get it’s a double standard, but the flip side is that I will follow his lead when he puts his foot down and that’s really how I want things to be.

• I think mine are totally worth it more than anything. If you treat me right, i would give you the world. It can be hard, not saying its easy to maintain a happy and healthy relationship, but you're getting what you came for, love and affection as well as the basic respects like trust and honesty

0|1
    0|0
  • Realistic, yes but whether or not someone could have met them easily would depend entirely on the kind of person they are naturally vs them attempting to reach the bar I’d set when they’d never tried before

0|1
    0|0
  • Well when you are really desperate then you might lower you standards. I lost my virginity to a guy I don't love. I just needed this kind of intimacy. After 6 years of being alone I started to be atraccted almost to every guy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really. I want him hot, tall, smart, from a good family, and RICH. Also plays guitar and like long walks to the ice cream store.

0|1
    0|0
  • My standards are realistic there's plenty of men out there that could meet them. if they can't they have a problem 😂. I'm pretty easy going. as long as he's kind, great personality, family oriented, educated, has a job, goals, fun, adventurous we're good

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, all I need is a simple man who'll be special to me only😊

0|1
    0|0
    • What does 'special' mean to you there?

• Someone who loves me very much and I love him. Like someone I have strong emotional connection with

• be interesting, don't cheat and support me and have fun.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think my standars are very basic. Trust and love and commitment. You two are a team that stick together. That is all i ask for but even if it is basic it is very hard to find.

0|1
    0|0
  • Is it too much to ask for a good character and high intelligence?

0|1
    0|0
    • Not at all, most of my guy friends are great people and highly intelligent.

• Show All
    • @SawyerJames careful with that diamond stuff cause women can also take real advantage of that for their own benefit as well. Not all women are angels either

• Yeah, thanks man, I understand. Some girls are very manipulative and take advantage of people, but there are others whose intentions are pure and who really do deserve to be treated the very best. I am so thankful that my fiancè is the latter. She truly treats me better than I deserve and makes me want to be the best man I can be for her. I'm just saying I wish every girl and guy could find a relationship with a dynamic like the one I have found with my girl. I truly believe that's out there for everyone. A girl and guy who both love each other with the very best they have to give.

• They are pretty realistic nowadays but not when I was younger.
    - must be attractive
    - grown up (I can't date my "friends" because of this for example)
    - intelligent
    - has some ambitions
    - not too fussy over food
    - likes travelling

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I do. I've met many men that I would date. I don't really have prerequisites for a partner, and prefer to take each individual as they come.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I do think my standards are reasonable. I haven't met too many who fit my standard because I just don't meet that many guys who aren't already married.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think so, but anyone who’s wanted to date me, I didn’t like.

2|1
    0|0
  • I have realistic standards as well as flexiable ones where I am able to oversee certain values/habits and what not, depending on how a potential partner and I click during the stages of us getting to know each other. Depending on if the person is putting up an act just to impress me is what it boils down to in whether or not he is meeting my standards. I feel most tend to over try in impressing the one they take interest in by changing up their personality a bit - of course, overtime, one's true personality shines... and if I've truly fallen to care for the person, I am able to oversee their flaws if it dosen't cross the line of values I truly value.

None, have met ALL of the standards I care for in my "potential man"... But I have come to learn that there is no such thing as thee "potential man" as there is no cookie cutter that can give me thee perfect dream guy. Love makes one see a person as perfect.

0|1
    0|0
  • They´re realistic, but rare. The only ones who truly catch my interest though.

0|1
    0|0
  • My only standard really are trust and respect so yea

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 27

• My standards are unrealistic, i've dated over 10 different girls seriously and none of them met everything i wanted. I'm going to marry my fiance though because she's about as good as i can get (because i am not a hollywood movie star).

The girls who might have everything i want, i will never be able to attract. Which is fine.

0|1
    0|0
    • What do you think? Think Izumis standards are probably realistic? 😛😛

• Haha well someone managed to tick *enough* boxes for her. I don't think she will ever get someone who ticks them all though.

• Sometimes I feel my standards are way to high and that's why I'm still am yet to have any sort of relationship. I find it hard really see the attractive side of people, the people who I do find are attractive though i think I come across as too shy or nervous around for them to really find me attractive so maybe my standards are too high

0|1
    0|0
  • Well my standards is an attractive female who is fit or at least slim as well as honest, straightforward, respectful, loyal and understanding of the fact that relationships aren't one-sided arrangements who also doesn't have sex outside of exclusive relationships.

In other words, completely unrealistic.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ofc, be a neerrrrd and not an asshole, can be abit clingy, make me think im funny geez, lemme carry you (weird but i like holding women in my arms) dont need to be a super genius, dont smoke please, smile as it makes me happy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, because my girlfriend is what I wanted. I got her, so obviously it was realistic.

0|1
    0|0
    • If you didn't meet her or if god forbid you guys break up are you confident you would easily find another with your standards?

• Yeah, it might take awhile but I could.

• I feel like most physical standards are not high. My moral/intelligence and being a decent human being standards seem high though since most women can't seem to meet that

0|1
    0|0
  • They are realistic and I've found girls who meet them, but unfortunately I was never reciprocated.

0|3
    0|0
  • I dont know. Physically I like women with curves, i am quite flexible about their looks otherwise. So I dont know. But I would say it is a bit unrealistic So I have to fix few things.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do. The ones regarding her body are very simple, not being as important as things like personality. (My standards in looks are basically "give her a pretty face and red hair, and she's golden!" lol)

0|1
    0|0
  • Heartbeat?
    Female?
    Yeah, I think they’re realistic 😅

1|1
    0|0
  • Just gotta be chill and nothing under a 6 I’m above average so yeah I’d say mine are pretty realistic

0|1
    0|0
  • well, she has to be a girl. I know it might be a little bit unrealistic to find someone who fullfil such high standards, but I´m still hoping.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yup. Sometimes we just want very simple things but it can be a lot harder than just that

0|1
    0|0
  • 2 and all I want is a freak who's also in touch with her emotions thats blunt and let's me know WTF's on her mind cause men ain't mind readers :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean if they weren't realistic then I wouldn't have my current girlfriend.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes they are, since I can match the standards myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. A girl who I find attractive, and I enjoy being around. I don't think that's too much to ask.

0|1
    0|0
  • They MUST be. No doubt! My standards r real. Also, will become true. Use ur brain power.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably not.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes