Do you think your standards are realistic?

Whatever standards you have for a potential partner, do you feel they are truly realistic at all? Can people meet these standards easily? How many people in your life have actually met all of them?

2728

Most Helpful Girl

• My standards are pretty high but they are realistic. Rarely anyone meets them, but that's just life, finding a suitable partner is extremely hard, for everyone. Universe needs to set everything accordingly at the right time, in the right place, with the right person. It's all random, with or without standards.

• Do you think finding a suitable partner should be difficult?

• It makes sense that its difficult. For example, I know that the guy who 100% fits my standards and I 100% fit his standards is out there somewhere right now, and because we haven't met yet we will need a huge amount of luck and coincidence to be at the same place in the same time, universe has to play its role to get us to interact somehow so that we could meet.

Most Helpful Guy

• When it comes to appearance my standards is too unrealistic and too high in my country, but if I moved to the Middle-east, Asia, South-America or South-Europe, my beauty standards wouldn't be too high. Then it would be realistic and more people from these geographically areas would fit it than the Nordic people in my country. I'm into tall fit dark people with almond shaped eyes, something which is rarer in my country.

When it comes to personality I'm not quite sure, because I've not dated so many and don't know that many people. But I admit I'm quite picky, so it's a possibility it's not the most realistic though. I want a partner who's both ambitious, creative, smart enough, kind, understanding, patient and shares some of the same interests as me (Example art, history and politics).

I'm also very picky when it comes to smell. I've met people who smells good and attractive, but it's a bit rare. Most people smells either average, boring or bad. I don't like the smell of people who smells garlic, spicy food etc. too like how many in the middle east smells. The food is good, but the smell your body gets afterward isn't my thing.

I hasn't met any people who've fit all of the standards yet. Some have good looks, smell and is nice, but have alcohol, drug and school problems which isn't my thing. I've also met some who's good looking, smells boring and has an uninteresting personality. And I've met people with a little bit nice looks, bad clothing style, interesting personality, but not mature enough. I've not dated all of these people I've mentioned. Many of them are only people I've met. The majority in my country have a boring smell and looks average or below. Since I don't know many very well, I can't tell when it comes to personality.

Why dating middle-eastern can be a challenge is because many of them have a completely different culture and values than my Nordic-Western culture. I'm into modern liberal western culture and not conservative culture. I'm not saying everyone have it, but it's more common among them.