Girls, Need Help?

So there's this girl at work and I was told that she liked me. Well I approached her and we talked for a bit (social media exchange, etc.) A few days later, a false rumor went around that I had said some disrespectful things to another female co worker and she just abrubtly stopped talking to me and leaving me on read. I dont know what to do. Now im just confused.

Plus, there's another problem. I am really good at talking to girls, and i am usually a really big flirt and am not scared to walk to a girl and tell her she looks good. But for some reason when she walks into the room I am in or vice-versa, Im thrown into a whirlpool. I can't stop shaking from being nervous on what to say and I just get all shy, which is far from my personality.

What should I do to try to let her know I am not claimed I was and how do I overcome shyness, a feeling I have never felt before.

1