Would you ever date/marry someone you could never have sex with?

I've got a condition that makes it impossible for me to have sex. I haven't dated in 3 years because my last relationship ended horribly because of it. I feel like there's no hope for me to ever know true love or happiness

199

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I would. I have a low, virtually non-existent sex drive. The only reason the idea of sex appeals to me is because it would be a novel experience.
    What's important to me when it comes to romantic relationships is the ability to form an emotional bond and share a mutual understanding. A potential partner's ability (or lack thereof) to have sex wouldn't even factor into my decision to enter a relationship.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I know people like you exist and it does give me hope but m9st aren't like you. I never see myself finding someone who shares those same opinions

• Well, I found the way you explained it to me to be perfectly understandable.
      Your relationship with this girl was not the norm, and I'd bet good money that it would not have been the norm even if you'd been offering her sex regularly.

• I know it wouldn't have been. It's all just a lot to process

Most Helpful Guy

• If I was dating someone who developed a medical barrier to having sex, I would not leave her. but if i discovered, ear;y on, that a lady could not engage in sex, I would probably lose interest very quickly.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That's why i don't even try anymore