Would you ever date/marry someone you could never have sex with?

I've got a condition that makes it impossible for me to have sex. I haven't dated in 3 years because my last relationship ended horribly because of it. I feel like there's no hope for me to ever know true love or happiness

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I would. I have a low, virtually non-existent sex drive. The only reason the idea of sex appeals to me is because it would be a novel experience.
    What's important to me when it comes to romantic relationships is the ability to form an emotional bond and share a mutual understanding. A potential partner's ability (or lack thereof) to have sex wouldn't even factor into my decision to enter a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I know people like you exist and it does give me hope but m9st aren't like you. I never see myself finding someone who shares those same opinions

• Show All
    • Well, I found the way you explained it to me to be perfectly understandable.
      Your relationship with this girl was not the norm, and I'd bet good money that it would not have been the norm even if you'd been offering her sex regularly.

• I know it wouldn't have been. It's all just a lot to process

Most Helpful Guy

• If I was dating someone who developed a medical barrier to having sex, I would not leave her. but if i discovered, ear;y on, that a lady could not engage in sex, I would probably lose interest very quickly.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That's why i don't even try anymore

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• No. I wouldn’t.

0|0
    0|1
  • I would! Sex should NOT be the make it or break it factor in a relationship!

1|0
    0|0
    • But its the fwct thwt we could never have it at all

• Show All
    • I appreciate it. I'm not religious but I respect that you're genuine enough to have concerns about me, someone you don't even know

• I like to know that people know someone cares

• No, never ever. It’s such an important part of life and a part of a relationship - I couldn’t have a sexless marriage

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex is part of a healthy relationship , so I wouldn't enter into a relationship with a guy who couldn't have sex. But if i was already in a relationship with him, and in love , but he could no longer have sex due to an accident or health problem, i'd adapt to that and stay with him.

So i wouldn't end a relationship with a guy I loved just coz he could no longer have sex, but I wouldn't start dating a guy who couldn't have sex. I'd need to already be in love with him to be able to accept we could never have sex again.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are asexual people who would happily engage in a relationship with you. You should seek them out.

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually not true, I was reading an article on how many actually do occasionally enjoy sex, it is a base instinct after all.

• Show All
    • No, I physically can't. I just meantzn not even my best friend knows about my condition. I'm too embarrassed to tell anyone. It feels like I'm living a lie

• I'd be fine with it if non-sexual S/M happens on a regular basis.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry hear that hun. :(
    That isn't a good deal for me

0|0
    0|0
  • No bcz it's our natural when we like we like to had it sth in our body and we can't resist it maybe we can't show it more but we do it

0|0
    0|0
  • YES... sex doen't matter if u truly love someone... there r more ways to show love

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t know but I’m sure it would be hard to handle

0|0
    0|0
    • That's why I don't date. It's not fair for me to ask that of someone. To give up sex for the rest of their life

• Are you paraplegic? Sorry I ask so bluntly, just I need some advice too.

0|0
    0|0
    • No. The doctors don't really know what's wrong. Aside from this, I'm completely normal. You wouldn't know anything's wrong just by looking at me which in a way, makes it harder because I'm too ashamed to tell anyine. No one knows except for my ex girlfriend and another girl I dated

• Are you in a similar situation? What do you need advice on?

• What is your reason for not having sex may I ask?

0|0
    0|0
  • no cuz im not a dumbass

0|1
    4|1
  • My boyfriend says he wants to wait until marriage.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's not the same thing at all

• I don't know..
    Maybe or maybe not

0|0
    0|0
  • yuppp bcs they shd still really accept you and the way you are :) thats the real loveeeee. so many more other ways to express heartful feels like after all. and you're not the only one like this

2|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. It's just hard for me to believe because I've had a girlfriend where we thought we were in love but love wasn't good enough m

• I sure would.. , he would have to use toys on me though or eat me out.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've tried that in the past but she eventually got bored and cheated on me. I know it's not fair to use my part experiences to project those on to all women in general but it really makes me fear for my future. Like my life isn't worth living. It infects every aspect of my lifr

• Show All
    • That wasn't your duty to break up with her before she ruined everything. She should've broken up with you if she couldn't handle not having sex, not broken the trust you put in her as a partner. Don't put yourself down when SHE singlehandedly fucked up. Whatever you're going through isn't your fault. ♥️

• I know it was all her fault. She had other underlying problems but it was ultimately my condition to cause everything to go sour. It still had a massive impact on me and impact how I view relationships

• I wouldn't be able to, but I also have a high sex drive. There are women that are not really into it, and who knows they may be down with it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I really dobtnsee that happening

• Which is why I said potentially. I just know that less than 4 times a week makes me unsatisfied. I do however know people that are only up for it a couple times a year if that, might work.

• But they still need it. It's a basic human instinct. I can't reasonable expect some to subvert that for me unless by some miracle I meet someone who has the same situations as me

What Guys Said 8

• Never.. Because you need to share the love.. I believe you need to sort this condition out asap pal!.. Or find a good friend!..

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry about mate there's someone out there that will understand and will be your rock through the whole thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Can/do you do the other stuff? Also there are asexuals that would find you their hearts desire.

0|0
    0|0
    • Dating an asexual would mean coming out with my condition. Not even my best friends know because I'm too ashamed

• Show All
    • I don't have insurance right now. It's all a much more complicated situation than I can really explain. I saw probably 7 or 8 doctors all over the state through the past couple years and they haven't been able to do anything

• I can't address all your issues, but at least I hope that you understand that this problem can be treated, and that you don't have to resign yourself to living like this.

• Fuck no. What's the name of your condition?

0|0
    0|0
  • Cab you use a strap on?

0|0
    0|0
  • No way on God's green Earth.

0|0
    0|0
  • whats wrong tho sorry to hear that

0|0
    0|0
  • Would you allow her to take lovers?

0|0
    0|0
    • What?

• If you can't please her, would you encourage her to seek sexual fulfillment elsewhere, while you provide the emotional love.

• No. Maybe that's selfish but I couldn't live like that

Recommended myTakes