Do guys expect girls to message first?

A guy asked me to the movies and I agreed to go, but then he hasn't messaged me in over a week.
Has he been expecting me to message him first? Does he just not want to go anymore? Has he met someone else and forgotten about me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's kinda ridiculous for this guy, in his position, to expect you to message him first. He may have forgotten. That's the only logical thing I can come up with lol

1|0
    0|1
    • Could he be busy? We only just finished school, maybe he's just trying to get his life together? Haha, maybe I'm just being hopeful

• Show All
    • Thank you! You've been really helpful :)

• no problem at all

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys r complicated if u act interested and message too much they won't like it

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• He established he's inviting you, but didn't specify when. So maybe he's waiting for you to tell him when you are free to go.

1|0
    0|0
    • So I should message him and tell him when I'm free?
      Do you think he'd feel like he was pestering/desperate if he messaged me telling me when he was free?

• Yeah you should message him and tell him you'll be free on a certain date. I'm sure he thought he already asked you out and is worried if he asked again might make him look desperate.

• We cannot generalize this. Depends on the particular guy or girl. Depends on who is more hotter and attractive, so obviously the less attractive and popular person has to message first.

1|0
    0|0
  • Who sent the last message?

1|0
    0|0
  • No, not exactly. I expect about 50%.

1|0
    0|0
    • So... Since I messaged him the last two times, I should wait for him to initiate this time?

• You might want to. I'm not into games about who messages first, but it should be at around 50%. That shows equal interest.

• Yeah, sure. Why not?
    Equality.

1|0
    0|0
  • What is he is thinking the same thing?

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Don’t do it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes