Guys, Why don't guys take me seriously?

Every time I'm meeting a new guy I feel that in the end, the only thing they want is to sleep with me and then I never hear from them again. The weird thing is that guys that I'm dating only want something causal when they meet me, but then I see them in a relationship one month later.

I have lost a bunch of guy friends because they have tried to have sex with me against my will. So, I just don't get how I can give of such a "sexual" vibe when I'm just being myself. I'm a pretty confident person but it's just weird to me that no guy is taking me seriously. Is something wrong with me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• how quickly do you sleep with a guy and how open are you about you sexual history with ur male friends? girls that are really open about it seem easy and male friends might see a friends with benefits opportunity.

0|2
    0|0
    • Yeah you got a point, I'm a really open person when it comes to everything so if someone asks me about my sexual history I will tell them.

• Show All
    • That's the thing, I wish I could trust my guy friends more or guys in general and just be cool about stuff without me thinking what I can and cannot say

• wish i could say it will get better or something but u could get gay friends? lol. but seriously when u meet a guy and be friends just be friends. never talk about ur sex life. dating advice sure but never sex stuff. you dont want that image of you there. i never talk about sex stuff with anyone but anonymous online strangers who dont know me or ever will. i think that's how i kept all my female friends. the one that did talk about a lot I lost because she thought i was hitting on her somehow. i dk, i won't go into it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• You're obviously not that confident and you're the girl who is easy so everyone tries to fuck. Every town has a couple girls like that who aren't smart enough to get a guy to commit to them

0|2
    0|0
    • haha I totally disagree with you. You can't assume how confident or smart I am just through a screen. I'm not one of those girls, and you shouldn't judge people so fast. I never said I was easy.

• Show All
    • I won't sit here and write how smart I am (but still think you have to be quite smart if you're in med school) , your answer is irrelevant to me because it's not who I am. But thanks for your opinion, but it didn't really help.

• Like I said I'm just going by what you wrote about yourself. You give off easy vibes. Take it as you will

• Nothing wrong with you, or the guys. You just happen to be with the wrong guys.

0|1
    0|0
    • But then how come they can be nice to other girls and being able to have a relationship with them and not with me?

• Who knows, we all have a taste in partners, both in looks and personality. Maybe you just aren't their type.

• You need to find a new pool of human beings to choose from at this point. But a lot of it is the fact that were testosterone driven monsters sometimes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ok I'm going say my feeling on this I don't know you or am I trying pist you off. Some guy notice how you dress and act and feel that make them want you. I how ever look at you not that to me that shallow reason to want go for a women. Maybe when it gets to the point they get what they want you go away then you find out if they want you or just your body.

0|0
    0|0
  • I also think that you should overthink your circle of friends and that you should be shure to know what you want and how you present yourself. If you make yourself a bit "mysterious" and "hard to get" but not impossible to reach and still remain a open, friendly, authentic and natural person, then the guys should love you ;) (we want what we can't get. And if a girl seems to "easy" we want to fuck her)

0|0
    0|0
    • And you could read a bit about the "law of attraction". But besides everything: I dont know how you think about it but you should be open to gather sexual experience - but of course with men and not with Boys :D

• Show All
    • But you're the one that told me to play games haha

• Probably I'm the one who is playing games ;)
      I ment it that way: be your self but dont always give and Show 100% of you. But dont Show 60% you and 40% someone else but like 80% you and 20% for the other person to discover. It's easier said than done - and it's not easy to say haha 😅

• Okay. If you had to say, would you say you've had a lot of sexual partners or are you fairly inexperienced. I'm not asking for numbers just how you and your peers would see your activities. That would tell me a bit about why you are seen this way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you may need to try being strictly friends with them for a long time, or until you know enough about them to the point that you can make an informed decision on whether or not they would be worth your time

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing is wrong with you... I think your confidence may be a deterrent for guys that cannot get on your level mentally... Do not change a thing though... When a more confident man comes along, you will understand the difference...

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t let them have sex with oh if you don’t want it are you trying to save your virginity til marriage?

0|0
    0|0
    • I never said I'm saving myself until marriage, I just don't want them to assume I will sleep with them because I'm willing to go on a date with them

• Show All
    • I don't think any guy in Sweden has the same approach as you do, it's such a openly sexual country some guys think it's weird if you don't sleep on he second or first date

• That’s unusual I’m American so I wouldn’t know about Sweden

• You have something that makes men horny asf, but try and find a new social group or whatever you want to call it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing is wrong with you. You probably are just flirty and give out a sexual vibe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be yourself, don’t think too much, do what you like, simple

0|0
    0|0
  • Just relax and let it happen don't rush into anything

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell your guy friends that you will not have sex before marriage

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats sign they are not good for you, its not your fault, just wait for a smart one

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you looking really hot and sexy? 🤔

0|0
    0|0
    • hahah that's a rather subjective opinion but I think I look good

• show pics

• @OpenWine My questions wasn't about other guys judging how I look, so I think your comment is irrelevant :)

• Maybe something wrong with the guys u choose

0|0
    0|0
  • I take you seriously

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys will be guys you'll find the right one sooner or later

0|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty easy for a girl to get into a good relationship because they have the luxury of choice. Apps like tinder aren't the way to go if you want a long-term one though lol, try okcupid or just wait in life. I've never dated before, but from what I understand it's a learning experience. Once you get good enough, you'll be able to know I guess. Just don't take it too far and aim for that one perfect guy type, everyone has their boons.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes